Well I dreamed I saw the silver spaceships flying.. (Q4/Q8 Titles)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
.... and then I woke up...

neverwuz.jpg

Hotel California Q8 is wrong, by this time they had already switched from the orange cart to the purple ones, with different graphics layout.
The fun part is that... nowadays you can really make it :)

Hotel California Q8 is wrong, by this time they had already switched from the orange cart to the purple ones, with different graphics layout.
The fun part is that... nowadays you can really make it :)

That's debatable really. Yes, I probably should have used the more square style orange cart, but not necessarily the purple Audiopak style. I have a Joni Mitchell, Eagles One of these Nights and Carly Simons' Best of all on orange cartridges. Re-releases were in purple shells. But since this is more of a dreamer's wish list.... can it really be wrong?? hehe :)

This thread has been created for "Fantasy" Q4 and Q8 releases, some were moved from the CD-4 thread of the same title.

Continue................ :smokin

Since Halloween is coming, a new release of RHPS is coming on Blu-Ray with an apparently re-remastered 7.1 Soundtrack, and the fact that this is one of my favorite movies, I offer this:

RHPS-OSTQ8.jpg

Wouldn't that be a blast?? The 24-track multis are still around and apparently in quite good shape. This title would be a natural in Quad!! Fantastic musicianship, vocals could be panned all over creating a very playful mix. *Sigh* If only.....

Yes, I know.... my photoshop skillz are seriously lacking.....

You did a great job (y) and yes that is one we would love to have. I wonder if this title was ever mixed for Quad or considered? Back in the day, it would seem to have been a no brainer Quadraphonic release.

EDIT: The Three Dog Night hits release.

You did a great job (y) and yes that is one we would love to have. I wonder if this title was ever mixed for Quad or considered? Back in the day, it would seem to have been a no brainer Quadraphonic release.

EDIT: The Three Dog Night hits release.

With it's catalog number, it is still within that window of ABC/Dunhill Q8s, and IMO, would have been a million seller especially if they went the QLP/Q8 route. But I think that was right around the time that Jay Lasker fella decided to purge the ABC/Dunhill vaults of multi's and mono masters. What a boneheaded move, eh? "Ya, We're thick into this thing called Quad and we need all the multitracks we can get our hands on to make new product." - - - - "Oh, Sorry, we threw all that stuff out last week."

multitracks for the first Boston album are out there for the remixing...

The Boston stereo SACD that got released is just crap......my $1 vinyl sounds much better. I've more than a feeling that need to re-do it.... :smokin

they're $3.99 a stem, which may be a non-starter for some..

..but if I had the first clue how to repurpose all of these, I'd have bought them all already and be right onto it.

each pack for each song has several stems within it, so the guitars pack can have separate stems for, say, 3 multitracks = electric 1, electric 2 & acoustic.. so I reckon it should give more than enough stems to effectively mix into surround.

I didn't want to post about this here.. but I have, borne out of frustration - and desperation - to hear this incredible album in some form of true discrete surround (before everybody who wants to hear a 1976 rock album in surround sound has died off/gone deaf/lost interest/ec..). it would be amazing and I hope some of the talented folk on here might just download even one songs' worth of stems and try it, even if just for fun.

it's a shame we have to resort to things like this.. but Sony have long had the multitracks at their disposal and what have they done with them!?

for whatever reason, when they had the makings of a fully-fledged surround sound reissue program in place, they only gave us a half-arsed Stereo SACD..

..while years later they have merrily licensed the multi's out to this outfit.. where's the business sense in that?

surely they'd have made more money remixing such a huge album into surround for reissue than just flogging off the precious multitracks to a 3rd party in this way?

ultimately, in the face of such crass stupidity, what else are you to do but take matters into your own hands.

Back