HiRez Poll Wells, Junior - COME ON IN THIS HOUSE [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Junior Wells - COME ON IN THIS HOUSE

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Fidelity, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez surround release.

(y) :phones (n)

This one is a gem. An old blues artist recorded with the best technology can be a rewarding experience. This has lots of pump and air. Please note however my universal player (marantz DV6400) has some problem playing the MC portion after about track 10. It gets the jiittttters bad and is only listenable if i change the SACD MC to 2ch. I have a few other SACDs that do this namely Aaron Neville: Nature Boy and John Hiatt: Bring the Family. This being said if you can get this to play all the way through then it is highly recommended.

The audio sounds nice enough, but this SACD isn't super impressive (to me) seeing as how the surrounds aren't particularly aggressive in their discreteness. Still there are a few tracks that I like: "Mystery Train", "What My Momma Told Me/That's All Right", and "The Goal". So I voted it a 7.

I picked this SACD up last year when Concorde had a sale not knowing what I was getting. I was very happy with the songs and sonics of this mch disc. I would give it a strong 8.

Some good tracks here and it's got some discreteness going on. Really not much to complain about given the relative scarcity of blues in surround, but I've listened to this a few times and it just doesn't grab me. Voting an 8, which may be a touch generous.

Mark Z

I was looking at the surround polls and wanted to give a big fat 10 for this Junior Wells multi artist 5.1 SACD. I bought a few years ago and I certainly didn't pay the money that Amazon is selling it now for.
61VApvmiLJL.jpg

Back