Went into a Best Buy...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m on Long Island , NY and my local Best Buy is a sad sight to see. Poorly stocked and has seen better days. A lot of departments have been scaled back or are non-existent - physical media. They could probably cut the square footage by a third and the store still wouldn’t look fully stocked.

Last edited:
The Best Buy stores in NYC are a travesty. Most have cut their Blu-ray/4k in-store inventory to about a quarter of what it was even 2 years ago. And they eliminated all CDs about 3 or so years back. A shame… there are people who WOULD buy these products IF they were available

A few months ago, I would've chuckled at that, but I just replaced all of my kitchen appliances and three out of four of them (dishwasher, electric stove, and refrigerator) are Wi-Fi enabled.

yup. Our 'fridge talks to us. Tells us if we screw up. Leave door open, forget to change filters etc. Also - seems to invite us to enjoy all the goodies in there via subliminal messaging

yup. Our 'fridge talks to us. Tells us if we screw up. Leave door open, forget to change filters etc. Also - seems to invite us to enjoy all the goodies in there via subliminal messaging
FRIDGE to RICKY: "Yo, Ricky this is your third beer and your blood alcohol level is 0.08%! Can I interest you in a chicken wing?"

Last edited:
It's Black Friday, and at the local Best Buy, people are lining up around the block. A well-dressed man comes to the front of the line and is beaten up by the people in the line. He tries again and is knocked down. He then mutters "if people will be like that, I'm not opening the store."

Looks like Best Buy is getting out of selling physical media for good. Sign of the times:

Over here they practically stopped selling physical media a good 7 years ago. Guess now it's official.
They used to 'blow out" some of their exclusive UHD4K steelbook editions for as low as $10. Probably can no longer compete with Amazon.

Back