What are the rarest NON-Sony 5.1 SACDs from the 2000-2008 era

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The French "Terminator 2" SACD is super-super rare. It's been for years on my watchlist. Can be had as little as 1.3 K Pound Sterling at Amazon :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000A4XXI

while i can't say if its worth that, there's a £150 quid copy from a French seller on Discogs at the moment.. 🤔

edit: i'm not saying how much i paid for my copy, people get their knickers in a twist and think people are rubbing their noses in it when they say how little they paid for some of this stuff.. its just a case of "right place, right time", etc., i was just very very lucky and was searching "super audio hard" for some of this stuff, often for many years without success before getting lucky.. there's still lots of SACD stuff i've missed out on, no one person can have everything and thats probably how it should be 🙂

Last edited:
while i can't say if its worth that, there's a £150 quid copy from a French seller on Discogs at the moment.. 🤔

edit: i'm not saying how much i paid for my copy, people get their knickers in a twist and think people are rubbing it in their noses when they say how little they paid for some of this stuff.. its just a case of "right place, right time", etc., i was just very very lucky and was searching "super audio hard" for some of this stuff, often for many years without success before getting lucky.. there's still lots of SACD stuff i've missed out on, no one person can have everything and thats probably how it should be 🙂

Yeah, but from looking at your collection it appears that you are awfully close to "owning everything"... (y):cool:

Yeah, but from looking at your collection it appears that you are awfully close to "owning everything"... (y):cool:

oh far from it! i see things in this hobby everyday i wish i had to play! as the saying goes "it ain't over 'til it's over" (and if the covid situation has its way i shall be over before i can add much more to the surround music collection! 😂)

Hey @fredblue — stumbled upon this thread looking for insight into the Aznavour SACDs... and holy moly, you've got 'em all (but one?)—I don't even know where to start with this guy; what would you recommend? I listened to Il Faut Savoir on iTunes and thought it was cool in a 60's kinda way even though I didn't understand any of it... are there vast differences across his catalog? Are the surround mixes worth it? Allmusic isn't providing the kind of help/insight I'm looking for!

Hey @fredblue — stumbled upon this thread looking for insight into the Aznavour SACDs... and holy moly, you've got 'em all (but one?)—I don't even know where to start with this guy; what would you recommend? I listened to Il Faut Savoir on iTunes and thought it was cool in a 60's kinda way even though I didn't understand any of it... are there vast differences across his catalog? Are the surround mixes worth it? Allmusic isn't providing the kind of help/insight I'm looking for!

heya! i picked up the remaining one in the end but tbh its been awhile since i played some of these SACDs and i don't remember much about them other than greatly enjoying the music at the time, i will give them a refresher once i have access to the discs again and post back here with info 🙂👍

I see some mighty fine and mighty rare SACD'S on this thread.

Frederico !!!!*what a collection you got. ✨

I know of one that is very rare if your lookin' , that being Creedence Clearwater Revival , Best of(I think) or Gold/ Chronicles, out of Hong Kong . I don't have it though,but I do wish I did.. Released sometime in the early 2000 years.

😀

I see some mighty fine and mighty rare SACD'S on this thread.

Frederico !!!!*what a collection you got. ✨

I know of one that is very rare if your lookin' , that being Creedence Clearwater Revival , Best of(I think) or Gold/ Chronicles, out of Hong Kong . I don't have it though,but I do wish I did.. Released sometime in the early 2000 years.

😀

Here's a poll for the CD~4/Q8 version of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Gold album in question:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...arwater-revival-creedence-gold-cd-4-q8.17116/

Kinobe ‎– Versebridgechorus?

IMG_20210111_170529.jpg

Back