What are the rarest NON-Sony 5.1 SACDs from the 2000-2008 era

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minimum Maximum SACD
MVIMG_20191222_131259.jpg
- German version

Some of the one off SACD's I have been able to get my hand on from Japan or Europe. I'll make a list of other sought after rarities that I cannot find on the market place. The below are only once a decade or unlisted in databases.

R-9421027-1549321306-7178.jpeg.jpg

$_59.jpg

114685036.jpg

i-img640x480-1561274593q5vspz231224.jpg

i-img1200x900-1574151463iovjqm20366.jpg

i-img640x480-15612746314py3gn231946.jpg

i-img640x480-1564297594ajybj295260.jpg

Here's my list for SACD's and their artists that have vanished off the market place.

Herz - Rosenstolz

"Pet Tibet'anu" - Robert Jíša

Essence Ordinaire - Zebda

Maksim THE PIANO

Lee Towers: Legendary Gala of the Year

Will Tura: De Mooiste Droom

Barbara L'Aigle Noir SACD

Louis Bertignac: Longtemps

Oreja Van Gogh

Daniel Balavoine

Gérald Palmas

Bernard Lavilliers

Georges Moustaki

Louis Chedid

Boudewijn Groot

Sadao Watanabe: How's Everything

Here's my list for SACD's and their artists that have vanished off the market place.

Herz - Rosenstolz

"Pet Tibet'anu" - Robert Jíša

Essence Ordinaire - Zebda

Maksim THE PIANO

Lee Towers: Legendary Gala of the Year

Will Tura: De Mooiste Droom

Barbara L'Aigle Noir SACD

Louis Bertignac: Longtemps

Oreja Van Gogh

Daniel Balavoine

Gérald Palmas

Bernard Lavilliers

Georges Moustaki

Louis Chedid

Boudewijn Groot

Sadao Watanabe: How's Everything

to be fair some of those were incredibly rare to begin with, i've only seen two copies of the Oreja Van Goghs and one of the Zebda!!

one is still readily available at sensible prices (Bertignac's Longtemps).

of the Lavilliers SACDs, O Gringo has always been extremely scarce, whereas Carnets De Bord is plentiful to this day.

one or two were easy to obtain that are now in shorter supply but you can still find them no problem (Herz).

Boudewijn de Groot's Het Eiland In De Verte comes up often for ok money.

several are such poor surround i wished i'd saved my money (Maksim, Barbara).

i don't think i've ever seen a physical copy of Will Tura's De Mooiste Droom SACD at all, it is possible it doesn't exist!

Some of the one off SACD's I have been able to get my hand on from Japan or Europe. I'll make a list of other sought after rarities that I cannot find on the market place. The below are only once a decade or unlisted in databases.

View attachment 48189

View attachment 48190

View attachment 48191

View attachment 48192

View attachment 48193

View attachment 48194
View attachment 48195

these are all lovely examples, however only one (Sacred Rhythm Of Bali) is in Multichannel, the rest are all Stereo only.

A very awesome surround mix.

Re: "Toys in the Attic" SACD
I passed on this in the used bin for $14.99. It's because I was grabbing Tapestry and Blow by Blow, and figured it would be the lesser interesting maybe. I ended up with two of the more common Sony's and forsake what turned out to be the better 5.1 and much more collectible rare disc.

But I did return and grab some more titles Deep Purple Machine Head DVD-A for $7.99, and a few DTS discs which were nice. to find used at $7.99.

But I still hurt slightly that I could miss such a nice one in the used bins. I was not making a lot of money at the time and was limited in my picks. Not yet even having an SACD player - I deserve some slack for my poor judgement.

I found another one off Japanese rarity: Only for sale in a 19CD box set for $600+

candies.jpg

https://sowhat1993.blog.ss-blog.jp/2008-06-16

while it'll never be discrete surround like the SACD, the SQ LP of this can be picked up for relative peanuts (lot less than the box set) so might be a way to at least hear the music in some sort of multichannel..?

Back