• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What Are You Waiting For?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

PK

701 Club - QQ All-Star
What do you have on Pre-Order? (Non-Surround)

1. Steely Dan, Countdown To Ecstacy, SHM-SACD
  2. Jeff Buckley, Grace, SACD

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
What do you have on Pre-Order?

1. Steely Dan, Countdown To Ecstacy, SHM-SACD
  2. Jeff Buckley, Grace, SACD
I'm really anxious to hear about the sound quality of Countdown to Ecstacy. I'm a SD and Donald Fagen hi rez junkie. On a totally unrelated note I'm waiting for the Big Chill blu ray release in less than a week. The music in that one will be awesome:woopie

César

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
maybe nobody else in the forum likes these albums, but I'm waiting for the remastered and expanded Raingods with Zippos and Sunsets of Empire by Fish. They are both supposed for Re-release later this year (for those that don't know our Steven Wilson is guesting and/producing both)

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
No-man, Schoolyard Ghosts 2cd rerelease
the Pineapple Thief, Magnolia 2cd
Iamthemorning, Belighted
No man arrived a few weeks ago, sounds great. The other two arrived today.

I have not yet listened to Belighted, as I am spinning The Pineapple Thief for the 3rd time in a row. Yes it is that good :)

Now waiting for the new Lunatic Soul.

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Levin Brothers LP
Smashing Pumpkins - Adore LP reissue
Le Butcherettes - Cry Is For the Flies LP
Rowland S. Howard - Pop Crimes LP

I just got the new Shellac LP, Dude Incredible, last night. I listened to it 3 times in a row. What an amazing album!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just placed an order for this SACD - stereo. In stock, should ship asap....more or less. :)

1585924568179.png

TVB

Just ordered Kansas "absence of presence 5.1" bluray and the Pineapple thief "where we stood" cd/bluray that just came up for sale a few days ago. Is this the same 5.1 bluray disc that was previously sold way back when and has not been available for some time?

TVB

Just recieved the new "where we stood" bluray/cd combo pack very reasonably priced (cheap) .The bluray has exactly the same content as the out of print original. The life in surround you tube guy says its the best value in surround sound.