What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The true bummer about Orbital is....if in fact it's lost.....I'm probably out of luck. It's sold out, right? I don't really know if SDE would send me another one anyway as tight as supply is.
Trying to give you hope - basically by saying it may be temporarily lost. I am hoping you'll see some movement on it in the next few days! Otherwise, I think it is worth asking SDE as I would hope they have a few unallocated overruns for cases like yours or damage replacements.

Reactions: GOS
The true bummer about Orbital is....if in fact it's lost.....I'm probably out of luck. It's sold out, right? I don't really know if SDE would send me another one anyway as tight as supply is.
I haven't heard anything about my copy using tracking since Feb.16 when it said 'leaving the UK'. I contacted SDE a few days ago and was told to be patient, but geez. Of note, the first few times I checked tracking it said that Royal Mail had been hacked, don't know if that has anything to do with things. Maybe not, since yours is in Chicago at least. Anyway, think I'll give it till this Friday and if nothing changes, ask for a refund or resend. And resending might not happen with these limited editions, though they were able to crank out another 1000 copies of The Tipping Point on request, so who knows. Fingers crossed.

I haven't heard anything about my copy using tracking since Feb.16 when it said 'leaving the UK'. I contacted SDE a few days ago and was told to be patient, but geez. Of note, the first few times I checked tracking it said that Royal Mail had been hacked, don't know if that has anything to do with things. Maybe not, since yours is in Chicago at least. Anyway, think I'll give it till this Friday and if nothing changes, ask for a refund or resend. And resending might not happen with these limited editions, though they were able to crank out another 1000 copies of The Tipping Point on request, so who knows. Fingers crossed.
Somewhat comforting to learn the Canadian mail is no better than the US in this instance.
The timing for this release was apparently very unfortunate with the Royal Mail issues.
This truly is a serious blow to UK e-commerce, SDE might want to consider alternate carriers until this mess is sorted out.

Well I would say the Fragments deluxe set from Amazon but they delivered it late night after I ordered it yesterday morning.
Now whether I needed to buy it even at the crazy sales price is another question.

Orbital is still stuck in Chicago. Honestly, I have no clue what the issue is....

View attachment 89264

Very odd, lol! I finally contacted SDE support last night showing them how it's been stuck in Chicago customs for over 10 days. Then in the middle of the night SDE responds and says it's been released from customs. Anyway, looks like it's going to start moving.

Very odd, lol! I finally contacted SDE support last night showing them how it's been stuck in Chicago customs for over 10 days. Then in the middle of the night SDE responds and says it's been released from customs. Anyway, looks like it's going to start moving.

I'm very pleased it's moving again, but my paranoia is creeping in about what shape it will be in, once I get it. Does anyone remember what kind of shipping container these SDE titles arrive in?

My copy of Orbital apparently took over 2 weeks to reach LA (left UK on Feb. 15) and now is out of customs but stuck in a USPS sorting office in California. But at least it's still crawling toward me in Colorado. Without tracking I'd have assumed it was lost.

I'm very pleased it's moving again, but my paranoia is creeping in about what shape it will be in, once I get it. Does anyone remember what kind of shipping container these SDE titles arrive in?
Yeah - glad to hear it is moving again - i received my copy and slip covers in a pretty sturdy box that is longer than the case. It is one of those boxes that is sized to fit the contents. All arrived in excellent shape.

Yeah - glad to hear it is moving again - i received my copy and slip covers in a pretty sturdy box that is longer than the case. It is one of those boxes that is sized to fit the contents. All arrived in excellent shape.
I'm pleased to hear about the box it comes in. That should be plenty of protection, unless someone smashed it with a fork truck. lol... ahem.

Well, Orbital is truly in ORBIT now....even though it released from Chicago Customs....that was 4 days ago. It's NOW just leaving Chicago. LOL! What an absolute mess it must be up there
I sure hope there are no postal shenanigans for the next SDE release, TYA with only a 1000 copies, I hope everyone gets their copy lickity split. Louis DeJoy and all the other countries post master generals better have everyone on their "A" game next week with those babies.

Well, Orbital is truly in ORBIT now....even though it released from Chicago Customs....that was 4 days ago. It's NOW just leaving Chicago. LOL! What an absolute mess it must be up there.
Hang in there, mine finally made it out of Chicago and delivered today.
Twenty-six days from shipping notice to delivery, a new record!

Not sure I got my money's worth for express international delivery.

Now I can listen to it once and move on to my buyer's remorse phase. :p

But I am "Holding the Music In My Hands" at last!

1678309532350.jpeg

Hang in there, mine finally made it out of Chicago and delivered today.
Twenty-six days from shipping notice to delivery, a new record!

Not sure I got my money's worth for express international delivery.

Now I can listen to it once and move on to my buyer's remorse phase. :p

But I am "Holding the Music In My Hands" at last!

View attachment 89493

Well that's good to know!!

Not sure if any of these are surround, but I’ve ordered the blu-rays of “The Commitments” and “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” to replace older format discs in my collection. Also the CD of The Carpenters with the Royal Phil. Karen’s voice with an orchestra backing should be awesome.

Back