What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moose shipped mine out earlier September. I'm only a few states away...and it's still... ??

Fugazi that is....

View attachment 71729
Thats what USPS did with my Mary Fahl discs, just bounced it around facilities in the US (New York & Area) for weeks, then it vanished. Mary sent me new discs for nothing (amazing lady), then a few months later the first discs appeared on this side of the pond (and so I got stung twice for import tax, fees etc.)!

The Police MQA CDs (first five albums). Four of the five have arrived in country, one more on a plane from Japan.
Not surround sound but niche tech which apparently you love or hate. :)

The Police MQA CDs (first five albums). Four of the five have arrived in country, one more on a plane from Japan.
Not surround sound but niche tech which apparently you love or hate. :)
I have the SHM SACD's of all of those. I was thinking about purchasing the newly released MQA discs, but I thought, am I really going to hear that big of a difference for the amount of money (double dipping) ?
I do have a MQA player, how about you?

I have the SHM SACD's of all of those. I was thinking about purchasing the newly released MQA discs, but I thought, am I really going to hear that big of a difference for the amount of money (double dipping) ?
I do have a MQA player, how about you?
Me too. 🙂 I have same SACD’s. My MQA machine is an SMSL M400. I do understand the technical arguments against MQA but my perspnal listening experience has been very positive so far. Really looking forward to these, lets call it an experiment!
I have all the original vinyl releases also so I think I have a reasonable baseline.
will share my impressions.

Current list, yeah, I know. Includes some non surround. You'll live. lol

1633181729382.png

BTW Gene, how are your home repairs coming along? Have you gotten any good news from insurance adjusters? Not to derail the thread but GOS matters!
Ironically, the insurance guy we had days after the flood never returned our calls, etc. Finally, they called us and said he had been fired. lmao
So, we got another guy, who didn't even come to our house. He requested a list of all the items we lost, and a list of all the items we had to buy (along with prove with receipts) and they sent us a check for that value. :)

Ironically, the insurance guy we had days after the flood never returned our calls, etc. Finally, they called us and said he had been fired. lmao
So, we got another guy, who didn't even come to our house. He requested a list of all the items we lost, and a list of all the items we had to buy (along with prove with receipts) and they sent us a check for that value. :)
The 2nd one should teach people over here on this side of the pond how to deal with claims!

So the honor system works! Did you tell him about the family heirloom Steinway Grand Piano passed on to you by your grandmother that you had in the basement LOL?! 🤣

So the honor system works! Did you tell him about the family heirloom Steinway Grand Piano passed on to you by your grandmother that you had in the basement LOL?! 🤣
Funny you mention that. We had a 50 year old fridge, that was a complete piece of crap. We didn't even use it. But, it was lost to the flood. We told him about it, age and everything. They gave us $400 for that. :eek:

That's not as far fetched as you may think.

My wife's family suffered a house fire when she was a kid. He father got the garden hose out and wet down their upright piano before the adjuster affirmed at the house, because it wasn't sounding damaged enough,

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds B-Sides & Rarities II
Dream Theater A View From The Top Of The World cd/br
Ran 4k
Thank You Scientist Plague Accomdations
and have my tickets to Dune on the big screen.
OCT and NOV will be good months.

Back