What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DV SACDs by Poco, EWF and The O ‘Jays are on the way from Grooves Inc
Nothing else ordered, trying to hold back (we’ll see how long that lasts).

Was finally able to pick up my stash of music that had been collecting dust in Seattle, (some as long as two years), hours before the Canadian government reinstated the mandatory PCR test to return home.
Predominantly SACDs.
That’ll keep me busy for a while

I have pre-orders for:
Marillion - An Hour Before It's Dark
The remainder of: Robert Reeds - The Complete Ringmaster
Paul Draper - Cult Leader Tactics
Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation
Tim Bowness & Giancarlo Erra - Memories of Machines
Pink Floyd - P.U.L.S.E. (Restored)
Star One - Revel In Time

and non surround:
Big Big Train - Welcome To The Planet
Karfagen - Land of Green and Gold

not waiting anymore !!!!!!!! Just arrived for moi at my work. Except now Im waiting to go home and listen to this !! Surround SACD AND MQA. Holy Schnikes

fourplaymqasacd.jpg

not waiting anymore !!!!!!!! Just arrived for moi at my work. Except now Im waiting to go home and listen to this !! Surround SACD AND MQA. Holy Schnikes

View attachment 74739

Fourplay (30th Anniversary Edition) (SACD)

Geez, Ricky .... a THREE WAY with FOURPLAY: Stereo SACD, 5.1 Multi~CH SACD and MQA encoded CD. You Lucky DOG!

Even though I have the fine sounding Rhino/Warner MLP DVD~A 5.1, guess I'll have to add this to my next order! This SACD does contain a bonus track IN STEREO ONLY of the long version of After The Dance featuring El DeBarge!

Last edited:
Fourplay (30th Anniversary Edition) (SACD)

Geez, Ricky .... a THREE WAY with FOURPLAY: Stereo SACD, 5.1 Multi~CH SACD and MQA encoded CD. You Lucky DOG!

Even though I have the fine sounding Rhino/Warner MLP DVD~A 5.1, guess I'll have to add this to my next order! This SACD does contain a bonus track IN STEREO ONLY of the long version of After The Dance featuring El DeBarge!

Got to play this selection......finally !! Its is a stellar 5.1 surround disc. A gem. But a correction from my original post. This disc is NOT MQA encoded. You have to buy the separate stand alone MQA CD to get full unfold. The EvoSound hype sticker on the front is mis-leading

Pretty sure I have a sickness....lmao

Just ordered Tragically Hip - Road Apples. 4CD + bluray from udiscover. They have 30% off, and I had a $10 bonus points...so shipped, I got it for $82.96. Still way too high, IMO. But, I'm having withdrawals on ordering stuff....so....

This...is how you do it. I got free shipping, and they still send it 2nd day air via UPS.

1641337932977.png

This...is how you do it. I got free shipping, and they still send it 2nd day air via UPS.

View attachment 74992

Yep, Road Apples. I received it yesterday...or was it the day before. Anyway, right before I went to bed, I popped in the Atmos tracks......it sounds like super fidelity....the mix, I'd say is fairly immersive, not so sure how discreet it is...but for sure, I need more listens at a respectable volume. It's an awfully big box, for such little content...I mean....they could have chosen something much smaller IMO. But anyway...

Back