What Are You Waiting On?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
QQ Supporter
Since some of our US members mentioned they received their Dutton V newest titles yesterday...I'm thinking. Where are mine? Well, well, out in the mailbox of course. Guess no one checked the mail here yesterday. I ordered 4 titles :censored: (I know, I know....lol) And, all 4 came without damage. Though Mac did tell me he didn't appreciate staying outside in the sub freezing temps all night.
Same here brutha Gene Genie!
That Mac is such a light weight LOL
all 4 arriving in great condition, for more Quad Goldness!!!

waiting for SDE Orbital & KWS etc. etc...

Reactions: GOS

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
MoFi SACDs -
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Eagles - The Long Run
Eagles - Hotel California
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Crosby, Stills & Nash

Analogue Productions SACDs -
Steely Dan - Two Against Nature
Steely Dan - Everything Must Go

Dutton Vocalion SACDs -
Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hook On Me
REO Speedwagon - Lost in A Dream
Grover Washington Jr. - Soul

Blackwood

Hoping for a good week.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd is making slow progress after it cleared customs.

Waka/Wazoo is supposed to arrive Friday as is the deluxe package of the King Crimson film. (Although that one may slip.)

And yesterday I cashed in a drawer-full of coins and ordered the 40th Anniversary of Moving Pictures. Couldn’t justify it at full price, but between a drop in price on Amazon and the gift card I bought with the coins, it was more reasonable.

Not sure about the Dutton order of Star Wars/Close Encounters. That one has the label created, but not moving through the postal system yet so I probably shouldn’t expect it this week.

Still, even a few of these actually arriving will be nice.

Last edited:

GaryG

Renaissance “Azure D’ Or” - CD / DVD.
Kenny Wayne Shepherd “Trouble Is” earbook.
REO Speed Wagon “Lost In A Dream & This Time We Mean It” - Dutton SACD.
Ted Nugent “Free For All & Cat Scratch Fever” - Dutton SACD.

Blackwood

Santa came in the form of a UPS driver today. Combine these two with Kenny Wayne Sheppard from earlier in the week, and I can confidently say this has been a great week music-wise.

Still to come:

King Crimson at 50 film and bonus material. That was originally due today from Amazon but even they have no idea what’s going on at the moment.
Thick as a Brick 40th Anniversary for those of us in the U.S. who have to wait until next month.
Star Wars / Close Encounters which seems to be stuck in mail purgatory.
Turn of a Friendly Card deluxe
Deadwing deluxe

Rush-Zappa.jpg

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I took advantage of the latest DeepDiscount COUPON (click) to feed my hungry turntable some more vinyl!
View attachment 86714 I think i have a problem . . . must be a 12-step group!

You can also browse through Popmarket for what they call "closeout" vinyl sales. Sometimes you can find something of interest. As an example...
1672089416112.png

Clement

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

Clement

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I'm really smitten with these 45 rpm albums. The sonics are mind-blowing. I took a chance and offered $13 below asking on each of the three and threw in my favorite Neil Young album, hoping the seller would accept my bundled offer . . . and he did! Woo hoo! Really looking forward to hearing all of these!
1672421222229.png

Once again, i blame Mike's
LIST! All four LPs make his list. Ima need to take a road trip to Phoenix and visit his store! Keep Spinnin', Comrades!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I'm really smitten with these 45 rpm albums. The sonics are mind-blowing. I took a chance and offered $13 below asking on each of the three and threw in my favorite Neil Young album, hoping the seller would accept my bundled offer . . . and he did! Woo hoo! Really looking forward to hearing all of these!
View attachment 86837
Once again, i blame Mike's
LIST! All four LPs make his list. Ima need to take a road trip to Phoenix and visit his store! Keep Spinnin', Comrades!

Yeah, some, if not many, of the 45rpm titles do sound just excellent. I had Metallica's Garage Days on 45rpm vinyl. The sonics were out the roof...but again....the particular pressing I had was noisy in the quiet moments...what's that you say? Metallica and quiet moments. Yeah. Between the songs I guess. lmao