What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s been an expensive enjoyable start to the year with some new surround additions joining the pre-order list:

APP - Turn of a Friendly Card (box version)
Pink Floyd - DSOTM 50th
Ten Years After - A Space in Time
Concert for George
Orbital - Optical Delusion
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing deluxe

Looks like the SDE Surround Series will be a regular feature of this list throughout the year.

I’m looking forward to adding some Grateful Dead to the list. No pressure. Any time at all for an announcement will be fine. Today is open.

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King 50th Anniversary edition.
Last week I found the 40th edition tucked away, sealed and completely forgotten. The latest is probably similar but gotta have it
Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts 3 Disc
This one went under the radar. Read the reviews here and on the list.
I love this site

Excited to hear this one from @Dave Kerzner !
1674318820413.png

https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/

Last edited:
Ughhhhhh. Did I not order a slipcase?? Did I need to???

Oops - I see...that's slipcase for another title.
Yeah, the Orbital title comes with a slipcase. I believe the xPropaganda slipcases were not quite ready, so they became available later. I guess it's my OCD that needs those slipcases!

So although I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan, the thought of paying £250+ to replicate what I've already got just for an Atmos mix of DSOTM, just seemed nuts.

So in the vein of Shine On You Crazy Diamond.....

I discovered that Irish band Horslips have produced a 2nd 250 limited release of a box set of 35 discs (33CDs + 2DVD) "More Than You Can Chew" covering all their albums, solo albums, live, etc. with books on the history of the band and one for lyrics, for £350 (I should have jumped first time when it was £250). I've been a fan since I first heard them on Annie Nightgale's afternoon show on BBC Radio 1 back in 1973 which I listened to when I got home from school. I only saw the band once when they played the Cropredy Festival back in 2011, and had a nice chat with them after their set (really nice bunch of people), and in a suitably crazy diamond mood I've bought the box set, which is released on the 17th February! :SBo_O

....... and I'm only duplicating a 3 CDs & an LP!
1676319642055.png

Edit: their albums became really difficult to get for years after they broke up in around 1980, and there were some 'non-authorised' CDs of their albums at one point about

Last edited:
I am getting boxed set fatigue.

I am interested in buying multichannel mixes, of music I am interested in. Maybe even Atmos.
I do not need, nor really want oversized boxes, that don't really fit with all my other discs, even if it IS the Beatles.
I don't want, nor need coffee table books about rock and roll bands(even the Beatles).
And I really don't want box set geegaws that they insist on putting in. I still have the Sgt Pepper cutouts from my original album from 67 or 68 or whatever it was. I wish they would quit this trend. The Beatles were different than any other band. I am not buying any other overblown boxed sets. I passed on Revolver for the above reasons.
I do not need nor want replicas of tickets to concerts I didn't (or even did) go to. Just the discs please. In a super jewel or digi-pak.

I am interested in buying multichannel mixes, of music I am interested in. Maybe even Atmos.
I do not need, nor really want oversized boxes, that don't really fit with all my other discs, even if it IS the Beatles.
I don't want, nor need coffee table books about rock and roll bands(even the Beatles).
And I really don't want box set geegaws that they insist on putting in. I still have the Sgt Pepper cutouts from my original album from 67 or 68 or whatever it was. I wish they would quit this trend. The Beatles were different than any other band. I am not buying any other overblown boxed sets. I passed on Revolver for the above reasons.
I do not need nor want replicas of tickets to concerts I didn't (or even did) go to. Just the discs please. In a super jewel or digi-pak.
+ 1000 per cent!
There are only a couple fantasy box sets I would buy at this point and only if the box set contained a great Atmos / 5.1 surround mix at a reasonable price. Really, are these box sets worth $20 dollars without a great Atmos / 5.1 mix? They can keep their tickets, marbles, oversized boxes. I will buy surround mixes of single releases mainly now.
I purchased the new Bob Dylan Time out of Mind blu ray and will buy the upcoming Alan Parsons - Turn of a Friendly Card single blu ray disc.
Even though I can afford it, I am going to be much more selective on purchasing surround box set releases in the future. I feel like the record companies / artists are taking me for a fool to pay these crazy prices. How do they even come up with these prices? $200 - $300 for a box set? Ha! Count me out in the future for almost all overpriced box sets. JMHO

Agreed.
This is why the SDE Series is like manna from Heaven.
Keep up the good work Paul 👍🏼

So, I finally received my Barclay James Harvest from Cherry Red. Miraculously, it arrived in perfect condition...even though they chose to ship this internationally with only a flimsy paper mailer with hardly any bubble wrap. Not sure how I feel about that for future purchases from them.

I am waiting on all the same as you all.
Being that Gene just got his Barclay Harvest, i looked at my ring doorbell, nothing today.
I guess I am lucky when I order from CDJapan I get it fast as heck, but from Europe I think they come via Pony Express.

Back