What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well......the story is deeper than that...unfortunately. :(

I have complete faith in you Gene that your fortunes WILL change. This is a RIDICULOUSLY expensive hobby and even I've learned not to buy everything in sight .... just because it's surround. IMO, the D~V SACDs are probably THE best surround deal on the planet...MOST especially their two~fers.

I think the recent plethora of pricey box sets has reached epidemic proportions......all for the 'love' of the included surround disc ........

Dutton Vocalion easy listening titles? I should probably order a bunch more of them because I become more like my father every year...
I'm trying to be selective, but open-minded with D-V, same as with AF.
Mellow is the fastest growing part of my collection. Still, not everything is my cup o' tea! It's good to check unknowns out on YouTube or some such spot!

I'm trying to be selective, but open-minded with D-V, same as with AF.
Mellow is the fastest growing part of my collection. Still, not everything is my cup o' tea! It's good to check unknowns out on YouTube or some such spot!

Rule of thumb......buy what you like...period. I will probably listen infrequently, if ever again, to most of the EASY LISTENING D~V titles. Just wanted to support them and probably because they're cheap.....the latter being a POOR EXCUSE!

Tomita
Deodato
Main Ingredient
Hugo in Wonderland

nice clutch o'titles, Baggy! (y)
wasn't so enamoured by Hugo M.'s take on Neil's Diamonds but the disc was worth it for the Hugo does Stevie Wonder album alone, sensational surround sound!!
Deodato 2 would be my other highlight out of that lot, a couple of real knockout Quad tracks on that.. though i've not heard the Tomita yet, it may soon become a favourite, who can say! :unsure:;)

Dammit! First time in years....I'm short on money. I didn't order any. :censored:

aargh.. sorry to hear man... this is a bitchin' batch too.. Dottie, Ronnie, Charlie, Henry, Percy, Ray-ee, Paulie, a juicy Tomita, that Fiedler on the roof fella.. everyone a toe-tapper.. its so close to that dreaded post-Christmas hangover period i guess, January can be a long month.. if money no object which ones might you be eyeing up?

edit: oops, i forgot dr telepathy's swollen goods is also in the new batch! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
A Hard Day's Night, the U.S. version cd. I have both Capital Records cd boxes and put together my own U.S. Revolver and Hey Jude cds. I do have the 1987 and 2009 cds of AHDN, but I didn't feel complete not having the 4 George Martin instrumentals from the U.S. version. Ordered from Amazon (doing my part for Jeff's divorce :giggle:) yesterday and it shipped today, saying I'll get it tomorrow (a SUNDAY???).

Apparently, I'm waiting on this.....I truly do not remember ordering....nor do I even remember it being released.....

1548080720398.png

Went on a small online buying over the long weekend:

Kraftwerk - 3D (2 disc version)

Billy Paul - Live in Europe

Tomita - Ravel Daphnis Et Chloé

Inside the Music - Classic Jazz

Yes - Relayer

Moody Blues - On the Threshold of a Dream

Stick Men - Deep

Sting - Bring on the Night (Video DVD)

R.E.M. - Automatic for the People

Van Cliburn/Fritz Reiner - Schumann: Piano Concerto in A Minor / Beethoven: Emperor Concerto (RCA Living Stereo 3-track)

Sibelius, Prokofiev, Glazunov: Violin Concertos (RCA Living Stereo 3-track)

Well I just ordered the Sgt Pepper deluxe box with surround. Found an Amazon warehouse deal for $71. I know not to have high expectations for the 5.1 mix but all the extra tracks sucked me in...besides what else is money for if not music and surround?

Well I just ordered the Sgt Pepper deluxe box with surround. Found an Amazon warehouse deal for $71. I know not to have high expectations for the 5.1 mix but all the extra tracks sucked me in...besides what else is money for if not music and surround?

Just block out all the noise on here and enjoy it for what it is...not what others think it should have been and you will be fine...quite frankly I love it...zero regrets on my end...

I think it’s fine. Crank up the rears about 5db though. :).

Back