What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I’m not waiting any longer.
View attachment 45484
Superlative experience, Gene. Hope you dig it!

I’m still waiting for my last two D-V orders:

December 18, 2019 order - The Guess Who/Wheatfield Soul & Canned Wheat and Johnny Taylor/Eargasm & Rated Extraordinaire

January 7, 2020 order - Don Sebesky/Giant Box; Blood, Sweat & Tears/Mirror Image & New City and BW Stevenson/My Maria/Calabasas

Both orders have theoretically shipped, but...

DV-
Earth, Wind & Fire - Spirit & That's the Way of the World [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Weather Report - Tale Spinnin' [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Shipped priority 1/28

Still waiting for an order from D-V. It was placed a day or two after Christmas. D-V says it shipped ay the beginning of January. I believe them. Joe even got confirmation that it shipped. USPS is the problem, no doubt.

...I’m still waiting for my last two D-V orders:

December 18, 2019 order - The Guess Who/Wheatfield Soul & Canned Wheat and Johnny Taylor/Eargasm & Rated Extraordinaire

January 7, 2020 order - Don Sebesky/Giant Box; Blood, Sweat & Tears/Mirror Image & New City and BW Stevenson/My Maria/Calabasas

Both orders have theoretically shipped, but...

I’ve been communicating with Simon of DV about my order that was shipped 12/27/2019.
His response was:

“If it won't arrive by Monday I'll send you a duplicate. Number of customers reported that their orders, placed similar time started to arrive so I keep fingers crossed for your one”

Kind regards
Simon
Dutton

I’m not holding out much hope for the original order to show up.

Signed up here a while back to read something I googled searched for. This is my first post. Great site and glad to be here! You all are a wealth of info! Waiting on this Dolby Surround encoded remaster of an out of print title I found at Discogs. It's a great 1981 album in the new age genre, which I typically don't listen to much. I'm more into progressive music, but this title is quite good! Perhaps some of you have heard this?
1580568840938.png

Still waiting on my Guess Who american woman / share the land from Grooves inc Dec 7th order.. Ive emailed n despite their website indicating its in stock...they say its not :(

If i dont get a shipment notice by Feb 7 im disputing the cc charge...tired of waiting

Finally received Sextant but despite their site saying it was instock they waited an entire month before shipping it on jan 7:mad:

Signed up here a while back to read something I googled searched for. This is my first post. Great site and glad to be here! You all are a wealth of info! Waiting on this Dolby Surround encoded remaster of an out of print title I found at Discogs. It's a great 1981 album in the new age genre, which I typically don't listen to much. I'm more into progressive music, but this title is quite good! Perhaps some of you have heard this?
View attachment 45766
I was wondering about these Dolby surround CD's.
Let us know how you like the sound

I was wondering about these Dolby surround CD's.
Let us know how you like the sound
I will run it through Dolby Pro Logic II, but I'm not expecting a dramatic sound. I don't have the standard CD to make any comparisons, but that would be an interesting test. Vollenweider's 80s recordings are really good.

@ Pupster
I like Tyner's playing and really enjoy that period of his work. I didn't know about that title in CD-4. Nice!

For the Niners to beat the Cheifs. House is ready, food and drink purchased, just got to hang tough till tomorrow, Super Bowl Sunday. I actually closed my shop for Super Bowl Monday, San Francisco and the Bay Area will be all in tomorrow.
I'll be rooting from 365 miles south.

Puppo, please tell us about the Quad mix on the Tyner. Performance, I would expect to be stellar, as usual. I saw/heard Tyner live solo in Chicago. One of the best shows ever.
It may be awhile Quad Goddess, as my only CD-4 demodulator is in my Sansui QRX-8001, and I will be sending it out shortly to qrxrestore for a complete restoration. But in the meantime, I will still be on the hunt for deals on titles when I can find them - no time to waste! :p 🤠

Dream Theater Distance Over Time CD/Blu-ray, almost forgot I needed this.

Edit: Got it fast and have a three day weekend. Plus a lot of yard work :unsure:

Last edited:
Back