What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting how different companies behave when a "return product" is involved. So, I've had two recent music titles arrive damaged.

Bull Moose - I purchased John Lennon, Gimme Some Truth. It arrived in very inferior packaging and the upper left corner was totally smashed. I contacted them and within 2 days I received apology and said just prep it for shipping back, show them proof of postage and they would immediately ship a new one. So, used Paypal, printed a USPS shipping label...showed them the label and boom. They shipped another copy. I have the new one, packaged in multiple layers of bubble wrap (lmao) and perfect condition.

uDiscover - I purchased Goat Breath Broth, arrived damaged. I contacted them......days went by and I did receive an email. They wanted pictures of the damage. I sent it.....3-4 days went by. Then they asked me to wait for resolution. Couple more days.....they ask if I want refund or another copy. I immediately answer....couple more days.....they issue a pre-paid UPS label to ship back. They tell me, once they receive the package, they will then ship me another copy. So now....waiting
Where does your customer service experience with Gene Clark’s “No Other” fit in with those in your post?

I swear Gene, these stories along with your DV experience that lead to “GOS’s Law” clearly have you marked as the consumer advocate for QQ!

Where does your customer service experience with Gene Clark’s “No Other” fit in with those in your post?

I swear Gene, these stories along with your DV experience that lead to “GOS’s Law” clearly have you marked as the consumer advocate for QQ!
Gaah. I forgot about Gene Clark. hahaha. If I remember, (which, by the way, is a challenge), I didn't have as many issues with communication. Or did I? Who had Gene Clark for sale? Don't tell me it was uDiscover......

Gaah. I forgot about Gene Clark. hahaha. If I remember, (which, by the way, is a challenge), I didn't have as many issues with communication. Or did I? Who had Gene Clark for sale? Don't tell me it was uDiscover......
Talking to myself again... I found it! Ordered from 4AD. I even have the emails..haha. They answered emails at times, the same day I sent.

I finally ordered the new Blu-Ray edition of Chris Squire's "Fish Out Of Water" from amazon along with the new "Secrets & Lies" solo album from Jakko Jakszyk.
The Complete 1969 Sessions set from King Crimson should also be arriving from Burning Shed around Halloween.

I'm also waiting to purchase the "Abraxas" SACD.

:)

Waiting on Djabe/Steve Hackett's "The Magic Stag" to ship from OxfordshireEngland (which appears to be the name of the company, not a location).
This is a CD/DVD but at least for their 5.1 DVD's, DTS is included instead of only DD. I listened to the CD and liked so decided to spring for the combo.
This is where my $10 "Prime Bucks" went + another $9.99. No tracking, though.
Love me some Djabe.

importcds changed my Booka Shade Dear Future Self preorder status from BACKORDERED to SHIPPED! looks as if come Wednesday i'll be able to hear what others are raving about!

Nice! They shipped mine out a few days ago, and it's Out for Delivery today. I'm looking forward to it!

It's interesting how different companies behave when a "return product" is involved. So, I've had two recent music titles arrive damaged.

Bull Moose - I purchased John Lennon, Gimme Some Truth. It arrived in very inferior packaging and the upper left corner was totally smashed. I contacted them and within 2 days I received apology and said just prep it for shipping back, show them proof of postage and they would immediately ship a new one. So, used Paypal, printed a USPS shipping label...showed them the label and boom. They shipped another copy. I have the new one, packaged in multiple layers of bubble wrap (lmao) and perfect condition.

uDiscover - I purchased Goat Breath Broth, arrived damaged. I contacted them......days went by and I did receive an email. They wanted pictures of the damage. I sent it.....3-4 days went by. Then they asked me to wait for resolution. Couple more days.....they ask if I want refund or another copy. I immediately answer....couple more days.....they issue a pre-paid UPS label to ship back. They tell me, once they receive the package, they will then ship me another copy. So now....waiting

Im going thru this nightmare right now with uDiscover. They sent Gimme Some Truth vinyl instead of blu ray. Absolute worst customer service. THE WORST !
IDiscover that they suck. I will NEVER buy another item from them again.

• Sad
Reactions: GOS
OK, I hate just ordering one CD from overseas; also waiting on ...
Songs From The Mirror - The Remasters: Deluxe Edition
A Feast Of Consequences - Deluxe Edition
Sunsets on Empire - The Remasters: Deluxe Edition

A half a lifetime ago I ordered two Jimi Hendrix SACDs . . . well, I got one of them. Not yet cancelled the other, but. . . .

And today's email from Burning Shed puts back the ItCotCK box set until November 6th. Seems relatively lightning fast!

(Ultravox has arrived, and is still in the packaging -- I'm just as slow as mail about listening -- and still waiting on SEEDS OF LOVE)

A half a lifetime ago I ordered two Jimi Hendrix SACDs . . . well, I got one of them. Not yet cancelled the other, but. . . .

And today's email from Burning Shed puts back the ItCotCK box set until November 6th. Seems relatively lightning fast!

(Ultravox has arrived, and is still in the packaging -- I'm just as slow as mail about listening -- and still waiting on SEEDS OF LOVE)

I'm guessing that one of those 2 Hendrix titles was "Are You Experienced" which none of us received..

I'm guessing that one of those 2 Hendrix titles was "Are You Experienced" which none of us received..
I know Brian M. (who hasn’t been around in awhile BTW) kept saying AYE was delayed due to them wanting to polish up the mastering, or something similar; but I just feel for the length of time it’s taking, there could be some legal issues involved :unsure:

I know Brian M. (who hasn’t been around in awhile BTW) kept saying AYE was delayed due to them wanting to polish up the mastering, or something similar; but I just feel for the length of time it’s taking, there could be some legal issues involved :unsure:

I don't think it's a legal issue...Analogue Productions has already released 3 other Hendrix SACD titles..so I can't imagine what legal issue there would be...I have felt it's an issue with the tapes..either damaged or missing would be my guess....let's see what the faithful at SHF have to say

The waiting is finally over......just picked up these 2 titles from my drop off location on SPACEWARP PLANET.....but so busy these last few daze won't be able to listen to them for a while.....
Tears For Fears - The Seeds Of Love Box Set - Front Box.jpg

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes Blu-Ray - Front Case.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased the Chicago Quadio set from Deep Discount at a pretty nice discount just one month ago. It was listed as on backorder. Still haven't gotten anything yet. I sent an email and got a generic response of

We're sorry to inform you that the item(s) are temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. Back order item(s) are typically filled within 45 days. The item(s) will ship as soon as they become available.
If by any chance we are unable to fulfill the item(s) requested, the item(s) will be canceled, and you will be notified via email.

i have a feeling my order is getting cancelled. :confused:
I'm guessing Rhino doesn't put out any "new" pressings after the initial run? It's not on the Rhino site.

Back