What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed the first pressing of this RELEASE, so when i heard about a second run, i placed my order
1613238148432.png

I’m still waiting for my last placed order of discs I ordered from Amazon Japan that was due here yesterday. For some unknown reason, my package sat at the Cincinatti hub for DHL for two days, on hold. It finally made it to the Los Angeles Gateway earlier this morning and has been sitting there since with no estimated delivery date. The next step is moving it to the Van Nuys hub for delivery. So much for an Express package being delivered on time. :rolleyes:

Sgt, Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band

I was hoping to receive it as a birthday gift, but my wife just will not by me The Beatles. Just like Christmas, when I asked for Abbey Road, and didn't receive it, I had to use gift cards and rewards points for a gift to myself.

I already LOVE it from the bonus concert on the documentary CODA. My hesitancy in purchasing the Blu-ray Async was that it wouldn't be different enough what i already own, but since i adore the music, i figured what the hell--it's only money, and i can't put a price on the joy the music brings me.

Now that I’ve actually seen Coda and the bonus concert, I would have to say your concern is somewhat warranted—it’s very, very similar. It’s fantastic to watch it live (or semi-live, anyway), but for me, I think the album version is still the best way to experience this exquisite music. Either way, it’s wonderful stuff!

Any and EVERY time I get a tracking number from a seller indicating the shipper as DHL, I shudder -- and then wonder "how long will this one take?"

I’m still waiting for my last placed order of discs I ordered from Amazon Japan that was due here yesterday. For some unknown reason, my package sat at the Cincinatti hub for DHL for two days, on hold. It finally made it to the Los Angeles Gateway earlier this morning and has been sitting there since with no estimated delivery date. The next step is moving it to the Van Nuys hub for delivery. So much for an Express package being delivered on time. :rolleyes:

When you're lucky enough have a U.S. tracking reference, at least you gain some comfort in knowing where it was most recently.
Not the case for me with an SACD sent from Germany which completely disappeared once it was in DHL's hands.
The whole story is here, if you're interested It finally came up for sale \o/

Just the latest in a looonnngg string of DHL failures for me.

Hope you have a happy ending.
(Me, I took the full PayPal refund after more than 2-1/2 months.)

Any and EVERY time I get a tracking number from a seller indicating the shipper as DHL, I shudder -- and then wonder "how long will this one take?"

Yeah, all international shipping is a bit like buying a lottery ticket these days.

I just had two DHL shipments last week that went fine.
In terms of delivery time I felt I got what I paid for in each case.

In the first case it was a 15 dollar new surround SACD from Amazon with four dollar shipping.
Sourced from Europe by third-party movie mars, shipped DHL, languished at depots in spots but always trackable and landed in my mailbox in 14 days.

The second SACD came from cdjapan, where they no longer mess with economy shipping.
The DHL was in my mailbox in four days, but shipping was $21+ . 💴💴💹

My latest Dutton order, I went for the more expensive 💶💶💶 Royal Mail 👑 tracked option, and had the discs in seven days.
(Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl.)

As far as what I'm still waiting on, like everybody who went for Stage Fright from uDiscover at under a hundred bucks with free shipping, I got the ship notice on Friday.
Still hasn't been picked up by UPS for their super-economy "UPS Mail Innovations® Expedited" service. :rolleyes:
I could have paid $50 more at Amazon and had it Friday, but I can wait. 💸💵💰💸

My recent experience is the system generally works.
You pay your money and take your choice.

Otherwise, it's Forrest Gump "never know what you're going to get."
Makes it interesting checking the mailbox every day.

My replacement Drobo 5N NAS is due in tomorrow! Then a day of formatting and transferring the data back in, and I can listen to my music collection again!

Thanks for posting the grooves-inc link. I placed my order with them yesterday. Please keep us posted on your copy’s delivery.

It got shipped on 2/3, and—yikes!—tracking says it only arrived in the US (Queens, NY) today. Now it still has to go to CA....

Oh well. These are strange times and extraordinary circumstances, and there are worse things in the world than having to wait for Yello.

(such as, having to wait for Steven Wilson. Jk.)

Last edited:
BTO finally arrived after looking at the tracking from start to finish I wish I could vacation in some of the cities the CD traveled too.

And now I am waiting on:
Jethro Tull A (A La Mode) (The 40th Anniversary Edition)
Casualties of Cool (CD/DVD)
INXS Live Baby Live (4K Ultra HD)

Back