What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since some of our US members mentioned they received their Dutton V newest titles yesterday...I'm thinking. Where are mine? Well, well, out in the mailbox of course. Guess no one checked the mail here yesterday. I ordered 4 titles :censored: (I know, I know....lol) And, all 4 came without damage. Though Mac did tell me he didn't appreciate staying outside in the sub freezing temps all night.
Same here brutha Gene Genie!
That Mac is such a light weight LOL
all 4 arriving in great condition, for more Quad Goldness!!!

waiting for SDE Orbital & KWS etc. etc...

Reactions: GOS
MoFi SACDs -
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Eagles - The Long Run
Eagles - Hotel California
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Crosby, Stills & Nash

Analogue Productions SACDs -
Steely Dan - Two Against Nature
Steely Dan - Everything Must Go

Dutton Vocalion SACDs -
Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hook On Me
REO Speedwagon - Lost in A Dream
Grover Washington Jr. - Soul

Hoping for a good week.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd is making slow progress after it cleared customs.

Waka/Wazoo is supposed to arrive Friday as is the deluxe package of the King Crimson film. (Although that one may slip.)

And yesterday I cashed in a drawer-full of coins and ordered the 40th Anniversary of Moving Pictures. Couldn’t justify it at full price, but between a drop in price on Amazon and the gift card I bought with the coins, it was more reasonable.

Not sure about the Dutton order of Star Wars/Close Encounters. That one has the label created, but not moving through the postal system yet so I probably shouldn’t expect it this week.

Still, even a few of these actually arriving will be nice.

Last edited:
Renaissance “Azure D’ Or” - CD / DVD.
Kenny Wayne Shepherd “Trouble Is” earbook.
REO Speed Wagon “Lost In A Dream & This Time We Mean It” - Dutton SACD.
Ted Nugent “Free For All & Cat Scratch Fever” - Dutton SACD.

Santa came in the form of a UPS driver today. Combine these two with Kenny Wayne Sheppard from earlier in the week, and I can confidently say this has been a great week music-wise.

Still to come:

King Crimson at 50 film and bonus material. That was originally due today from Amazon but even they have no idea what’s going on at the moment.
Thick as a Brick 40th Anniversary for those of us in the U.S. who have to wait until next month.
Star Wars / Close Encounters which seems to be stuck in mail purgatory.
Turn of a Friendly Card deluxe
Deadwing deluxe

Rush-Zappa.jpg

I took advantage of the latest DeepDiscount COUPON (click) to feed my hungry turntable some more vinyl!
View attachment 86714 I think i have a problem . . . must be a 12-step group!

You can also browse through Popmarket for what they call "closeout" vinyl sales. Sometimes you can find something of interest. As an example...
1672089416112.png

I'm really smitten with these 45 rpm albums. The sonics are mind-blowing. I took a chance and offered $13 below asking on each of the three and threw in my favorite Neil Young album, hoping the seller would accept my bundled offer . . . and he did! Woo hoo! Really looking forward to hearing all of these!
1672421222229.png

Once again, i blame Mike's
LIST! All four LPs make his list. Ima need to take a road trip to Phoenix and visit his store! Keep Spinnin', Comrades!

I'm really smitten with these 45 rpm albums. The sonics are mind-blowing. I took a chance and offered $13 below asking on each of the three and threw in my favorite Neil Young album, hoping the seller would accept my bundled offer . . . and he did! Woo hoo! Really looking forward to hearing all of these!
View attachment 86837
Once again, i blame Mike's
LIST! All four LPs make his list. Ima need to take a road trip to Phoenix and visit his store! Keep Spinnin', Comrades!

Yeah, some, if not many, of the 45rpm titles do sound just excellent. I had Metallica's Garage Days on 45rpm vinyl. The sonics were out the roof...but again....the particular pressing I had was noisy in the quiet moments...what's that you say? Metallica and quiet moments. Yeah. Between the songs I guess. lmao

Back