What are your FAVORITE MUSIC documentaries?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

You can rent for $3.99 on Prime Video, good stuff.
I would think you'd also enjoy the Hot Rod aspect there Mark, I sure did. The Reverend Billy G and him were good buddies because they both loved their Hot Rods. I had a '67 Camaro custom fitted with a big block 427 (750 Holly double pumper etc. etc.) in the 1980's for awhile myself, drag racing all over my area- the good ol' days for sure!

One of my favorite bands of all time, The Avett Brothers had a documentary made by none other than Judd Apatow. He is known for his hit movies but he was so blown away with the talent and integrity of these guys that he took 2 years off from his normal work & followed these guys around and made a great documentary showcasing them for who they are.
I’ve seen these guys live at least a half-dozen times and they were better each time I saw them, …phenomenal song-writers and like most family members who end up performing music professionally, …can harmonize like few others.

DA03CB19-4433-4304-8813-80742591D0BB.jpeg

Here’s a fantastic song from the documentary, …recorded in one take

I just watched "How can you mend a broken heart?" (Bee Gees documentary) and I LOVED IT!
must admit a couple of tears came down at the end at the last scene when Barry says how he feels nowadays... powerful ....
I watched part of it on CNN awhile ago. I love the early Bee Gees music, exemplified by the tracks on "Best Of Bee Gees" but I never cared much for the Disco version! We, (my friends and I) even had a derogatory name for them when we joked about the group back in the Disco days.

I'll have to watch the whole documentary at some point. It would be interesting to hear about the transition to Disco. My guess is that their initial time as big stars came and went so they reinvented themselves catching the wave of the Disco craze at the same time. I don't begrudge them their success.

I agree. Early BeeGees,(up to Sat Night Fever) I have always really liked...a lot!
Sat Night Fever I can appreciate more now than back in the day. It doesn't mean I need to own it.
I too don't begrudge them any of their success.

Back