What cartridge works for you in CD-4 Mode...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the original mastering engineer at JVC Cutting Center and mastered most of the non-RCA CD-4 Releases in America. If you can find one the original 4MD20X that was JVC's mainstream cartridge released when CD-4 first came out is a fine-sounding cartridge for everyday use. You can occasionally find a few on eBay.
I found one! And it sounds amazing! Curious if you have any idea how to find a replacement stylus for it? I bought it "new" old stock, but I think it might be a good idea to get a replacement stylus now, rather than wait until it's almost too late. Thanks!!

I found one! And it sounds amazing! Curious if you have any idea how to find a replacement stylus for it? I bought it "new" old stock, but I think it might be a good idea to get a replacement stylus now, rather than wait until it's almost too late. Thanks!!

It is a rebadged Audio Technica AT14S, but I believe the OEM stylus is discontinued.

Last edited:
Back