What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m on a two-week vacation and the only goal is to cram in as much music as possible... listening, watching, reading, playing.

Part of that is to pull one thing from the pile of unwatched concerts each day.

Frost* Island Live was up first and the music was stunning. If I actually had any talent on the instruments in this house, this is the band I would love to be in.

Damn, I like how they sound. Looks like this is a title that is out of print. Ugh......

Porcupine Tree Live in the Netherlands still getting a lot of play from me.
I've been revisiting a lot of IAA downloads as well. Monkey Audio's two albums still getting a lot of play.
I am truly grateful for the IAA site. Music I never would have heard of otherwise and not available in physical format in many cases.

Porcupine Tree Live in the Netherlands still getting a lot of play from me.
I've been revisiting a lot of IAA downloads as well. Monkey Audio's two albums still getting a lot of play.
I am truly grateful for the IAA site. Music I never would have heard of otherwise and not available in physical format in many cases.
The prices are also extremely reasonable. It’s like paying CD prices for Atmos mixes in a couple of different file formats and with no bloat.

Last edited:
Battiato. Que tío más grande!!

image.jpg

CED was a video disc system in the early 80's. Capacitance Electronic Disc was a grooved capacitance system. An LP sized disc was housed in a caddy used to load it in the machine. The grooves were just paths for the needle to ride in, rather than modulated like an LP groove. Disc was ALWAYS in machine or the disc's carrier. Disc itself is never touched.

Bought this system for many titles not available at the time on other formats: Let It Be, Last Waltz, Grateful Dead Movie, Gimme Shelter. A flawed system for sure. Each side of the disc held up to an hour.

BTW: our store, Pacific Stereo/CBS was demoing a pre-production Pioneer Laser Disc a few months before it was available for sale.

Sound & Vision article on CED:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/flashback-1981-rca-introduces-ced-‘contact’-videodisc-player

CED was a video disc system in the early 80's. Capacitance Electronic Disc was a grooved capacitance system. An LP sized disc was housed in a caddy used to load it in the machine. The grooves were just paths for the needle to ride in, rather than modulated like an LP groove. Disc was ALWAYS in machine or the disc's carrier. Disc itself is never touched.

Bought this system for many titles not available at the time on other formats: Let It Be, Last Waltz, Grateful Dead Movie, Gimme Shelter. A flawed system for sure. Each side of the disc held up to an hour.

BTW: our store, Pacific Stereo/CBS was demoing a pre-production Pioneer Laser Disc a few months before it was available for sale.

Sound & Vision article on CED:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/flashback-1981-rca-introduces-ced-‘contact’-videodisc-player
I bought an RCA CED back in the day, and it skipped during playback, so I returned it for a 2nd one, and it skipped as well. Returned it and bought a LaserDisc player. The CED was indeed a flawed format.

Back