What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard Thompson Live at Celtic Connection. Just recently found this at a used store. Great show.

Jeff Lynne - Zoom Tour Live

Great classical Rock and Roll.

I love to pull this out periodically when I need an ELO fix and turn it up!

Jeff Lynne - Zoom Tour Live

Great classical Rock and Roll.

I love to pull this out periodically when I need an ELO fix and turn it up!

Funny you should mention this DVD, I was watching it over the weekend and my "trained" senses noticed that the "technical term known as CHEATING" was used (i.e. overdubs) on most of the concert..still , an enjoyable concert, especially the lovely ladies onstage!

Funny you should mention this DVD, I was watching it over the weekend and my "trained" senses noticed that the "technical term known as CHEATING" was used (i.e. overdubs) on most of the concert..still , an enjoyable concert, especially the lovely ladies onstage!

I agree, both standing and sitting.

Mad Dogs & Englishmen/DVD/DTS
Ladies & Gentlemen the Rolling Stones/Blu-Ray/DTS
Clapton & Winwood/Live at MSG/DVR/Dolby Digital 5.1

I have to 'pipe in' on the 'cheating' on the ELO Zoom Tour Live DVD. I don't dimiss that some 'cheating' may be occuring but I was at both the tapings at the PBS Studios in LA and they sounded very, very good. They sounded very close to the DVD sound, trust me. Maybe if we say 'a little sweetening" instead...

Leonard Cohen - Live in Dublin

713LmQ-hcxL._SY355_.jpg

The Rolling Stones-Live in Hampton 81.....Queen -Live at the Rainbow Theater 74(both on SD Blu ray)

While enjoying our nice dinner this evening I put on a recent acquisition:

Bryan Ferry - "Baloise Session" recorded at the Event Halle in Basel Switzerland in Oct 2014, HD grab from a TV broadcast.

Peter Gabriel Back To Front -- had to press "eject" because of those dumb stage lights moving around. Can't they just leave them in place? Too annoying. May as well dump this one. I'll miss Excellent Birds. They did a good job on it even though they forgot to invite Laurie.

Peter Gabriel Back To Front -- had to press "eject" because of those dumb stage lights moving around. Can't they just leave them in place? Too annoying. May as well dump this one. I'll miss Excellent Birds. They did a good job on it even though they forgot to invite Laurie.

It's amazing how many concerts are ruined because of lighting and camera shots...some of these camera operators are horrible...those quick pans every 4 seconds ruins these concerts...these producers try to get too cute and screw the pooch...the sad part is these bands get the same guys to do these concerts and the results are the same...makes me wonder if these bands ever review this concert footage before they finish the concert for production...they must not or they are stoned when they do...

Last edited:
Back