• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
OK, I guess it's time for me to unwrap my Small Small Trolley and see what all this chatter is about bad picture quality. :SG

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
OK, I guess it's time for me to unwrap my Small Small Trolley and see what all this chatter is about bad picture quality. :SG
The picture quality is not terrible at all. There are certain shots that can appear soft, but overall it looks perfectly fine and quite good. It may not match the greatest of concert Blu-rays sharpness-wise, but too much is being made about the ‘terrible picture quality’.

mattB2

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
The problem with the picture is the crush caused by the concert lighting which tends to burn out the detail at times. I find it difficult to watch so this is more of an audio experience for me.

bgf1973

The problem with the picture is the crush caused by the concert lighting which tends to burn out the detail at times. I find it difficult to watch so this is more of an audio experience for me.
I think The same. there are many planes in which the image is saturated

jefe1

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Steve Winwood sound stage
This is just the dvd but it has DTS 5.1 and sounds great. A good concert and touring band performance. Steve plays guitar organ mandolin and runs through some traffic blind faith and current songs from 2004.
Mix is front weighted but very clear you can hear every instrument.

I also got the bluray sound stage of Sheryl Crow which does have a better picture and great fidelity.

But you forget that the lowly dvd can have a good picture and sound.

PodCat

Since 2002/2003
Toto — 25th Anniversary Live in Amsterdam (Blu-ray, dts)
Edgar Winter Live at the Galaxy (DVD, dts)

Toto disc: very energetic, tight performance of hits plus rarely-played album cuts with three key original performers (Lukather, Kimball, and Paich). Surround is okay, mostly ambience with a few synth and effects in rear. Never thought I’d say this, but ... on my 77” LG OLED, plain old HD is looking pretty crufty in 2020 — especially when shot with 20-year-old vidcams. The DVD visuals on the Winter disc are unbearable. But I never buy these for the visuals. But for the record (see what I did there?), are there any good 4K Dolby Vision + Atmos concerts around?

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Big Big Train, a recommendation from many at QQ. Came home early long work week, having a cup of Irish tea, sugar, almond milk and rum.
Sounds great, new music for me but not to happy with the video, too blue. Track 2 better but orange.
I don't know, I don't think I am into it, think I'll hit stop and try again later.
71Z2pnZQbHL._SX522_.jpg

Group builder