What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Behemoth: Evangelia Heretica. This would of been great with a real 5.1 mix!

Jeff Beck - Live In Tokyo 2014 Blu-ray 5.1
No one else can make a guitar sing the way Jeff does. The best living guitar player. What else is there to say?

I wish this would not have been such a front heavy mix. They could of at least had cymbal splashes going into rears to replicate the natural sound in a concert hall/ venue. This is basically a 3.1 mix.

Tindersticks - 2015-02-10 Philharmonie de Paris - Broadcast: Arte Concert

Two Against Nature Steely Dan's Plush TV "Jazz-Rock" Party in Sensuous Surround Sound: I love the disc (listen/watch a couple of times a year) but still can't get over the absence of West of Hollywood, they should have given Chris Potter his time in the spotlight. Thanks for reminding me fizzywiggs41.

Two Against Nature Steely Dan's Plush TV "Jazz-Rock" Party in Sensuous Surround Sound: I love the disc (listen/watch a couple of times a year) but still can't get over the absence of West of Hollywood, they should have given Chris Potter his time in the spotlight. Thanks for reminding me fizzywiggs41.

Oooooh.....thanks for the heads up on this one. I had bought this DVD well before I had a surround sound system so I never checked out the 5.1 mix. Nice job by Mr. Scheiner!

It's amazing how many concerts are ruined because of lighting and camera shots...some of these camera operators are horrible...those quick pans every 4 seconds ruins these concerts...these producers try to get too cute and screw the pooch...the sad part is these bands get the same guys to do these concerts and the results are the same...makes me wonder if these bands ever review this concert footage before they finish the concert for production...they must not or they are stoned when they do...

Not the cam operators doing, it's the director and video editor who destroy them. Eagle Rock has the good music vids, but, sadly some are just ruined by shoddy work.

Watched Green On Red Live at the Rialto. Nothing special sound wise but a good show.

Haggard: Awakening the Gods, Live In mexico.
http://www.haggard-shop.de/en/CD-Vinyl-DVD/DVD/

Thus is truly unique music that would sound amazing in 5.1! The mix on the the live DVD is more of a multi channel stereo, OK but could of sounded sublime.

It is metal, celtic, classical all mixed in one. Absolutely brilliant. I enjoy the music so much I want to encourage people to support this band.

On a whim...

A FRIEND once came over like 10 years ago and left a DVD ("Give Frank a spin every once in a while"...I'm a friend you can trust....also, the Allan Zavod passing- well, he ¡s ALIVE in this 1984 concert!!!!)
Frank Zappa
"Does Humor belong in Music?"
DVD-V (PAL version...did they release this in Region 1 NTSC? I can't find either on Discogs)

Enjoying it immensly!!!

OK, so it's only in PCM Stereo, but MAN, it decodes so discretely on DPL Movie!!! Very Discrete!!!! (try it , if you have the option)

Having a Guinness and some Bushnmill's..and of course a tobacco product (small cigars!) dedicated to the maestro Zappa...it was food to him!!!.....
:smokin

Does_Humor_Belong_in_Music_DVD.JPG it's this DVD cover

Dukes of September(y)94457_large.jpg

IMHO, it's as good, if not better than a Steely Dan concert
The band, the singers, picture & sound are pristine
Sit back, turn up the volume & enjoy!94020_large.jpg
Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary: in a word; AMAZING
What a night; what bands, & what can you say, but WOW!

51KM0YDPDJL._SY445_.jpg

Just pulled this one out on a whim. Todd Rundgren live on the 2004 Liars tour. Turns out it has a discrete 5.1 mix! It's not crazy active like Black & White Night however it's clear that it's not just audience and ambiance in the rears. In particular there's a good bit of keyboards mixed to the rear right. An extended piano solo during a jazz arrangement of "Born to Synthesize" is an especially nice moment and the mix of "Hello It's Me" is pretty nice. The mix certainly doesn't rival anything that Mr. Scheiner has mixed, but it's better than a lot of concert DVDs. And Todd & the band are really cooking in this show. Unfortunately the video is old-school tv (hadn't we gone widescreen yet in 2004?) but it's still an enjoyable watch. Todd is credited for the mix.

Back