What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1615347822342.jpeg

Stevie Nicks - Live in Concert: The 24 Karat Gold Tour on blu ray in 5.1

Norah Jones - Live in New Orleans

If you find that ambiance-style multichannel mixes are pointless, just watch this concert recorded at the House of Blues.

Also to wow friends that have just two ears and are not ready for the full multichannel experience.

Last edited:
Dream Theater “Distant Memories live in London”.

I bought this amazing 3cd 2blu-ray set and love it. I’ve only watched the BluRay discs and they are both fantastic. The 5.1 mix while not incredible does have many discrete moments and is enjoyable. The video quality on this is honestly stunning. True blacks without that grainy look. The band is just amazing to watch for those like me that hadn’t seen them live before. The drummer is just having a fun time and it shows. The musicianship is mind blowing of course. I got this online for an amazing $11 USD on sale at the time a month ago and can’t recommend it enough if you like progressive rock. This was literally filmed one year ago right as the pandemic was hitting. It’s weird now to think how quickly shows stopped after this. I’m super happy they captured this possibly super spreader event....

Attachments

• C12A85A6-9A71-4156-B2AB-88EE25AC094C.jpeg
    C12A85A6-9A71-4156-B2AB-88EE25AC094C.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 76
1616094360025.png

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Straight To You on blu ray. First listen, just arrived today. I knew it was stereo only, but man I can't say I care much for the audio. I have a few good stereo concert blus ( Jackson Browne - I'll Do Anything comes to mind) but this isn't one of them. Very thin, no matter how high I crank the volume it never seems to overcome that. Video is average for a concert, grain on some shots, others look good. Price point is around $14 U.S., probably about right.

Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate the Music of Peter Green and the Early Years of Fleetwood Mac Dolby Atmos Blu-ray
View attachment 66618

Sort of 3.1 with a bit of ambiance and audience in the rest. Good concert though!
Mine has turned up as well, haven't watched it yet. Not that worried about the surround as I bought it for the performance, so I won't be disappointed.

Mine has turned up as well, haven't watched it yet. Not that worried about the surround as I bought it for the performance, so I won't be disappointed.
Amazon US must be delayed. Release date still says tomorrow (April 30) and if that were true, it would have already shipped....so....

Back