What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camel - Royal Albert Hall …..Not surround but greatView attachment 74273
Is yours the Blu-ray? Is it playable on US players? Trying to get a straight answer which I am finding nearly impossible.

Amazon says no.
"Playback Region B/2 :This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America ." But there are lots of US reviews.

eBay listing says yes. But seller cannot verify. They just refer back to eBay information provided to them.
Movie/TV Title: Camel At The Royal Albert Hall
Region: 0/All (Region Free/Worldwide)
Format: Blu-ray
Release Year: 2020
UPC:741299008154

Last edited:
Is yours the Blu-ray? Is it playable on US players? Trying to get a straight answer which I am finding nearly impossible.

Amazon says no.
"Playback Region B/2 :This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America ." But there are lots of US reviews.

eBay listing says yes. But seller cannot verify. They just refer back to eBay information provided to them.
Its a Camel productions release, so by the band (Andy Latimer), and I believe they only do a single all regions version due to cost. I got mine from the Camel website, email them to check.
If it helps here is a scan of the cover of my copy
CCF_000522.jpg

Amazon says no.

There isn’t information about The región in the disc, so I suppose is region free

image.jpg

Cheap Trick “Silver” in which my hometown heroes play a huge 29 song set at the top of their game for Rockford with special guests Billy Corgan, Slash and others.
Also “Zoom” - Jeffl Lynne plays all the hits by the book and to near perfection.
Both in 5.1 and recommended.

Its a Camel productions release, so by the band (Andy Latimer), and I believe they only do a single all regions version due to cost. I got mine from the Camel website, email them to check.
If it helps here is a scan of the cover of my copy
Website says region free...
There isn’t information about The región in the disc, so I suppose is region free
👍
Thanks all for the clarification. I don't understand why Amazon would say it's regional, especially considering all the US reviews.

RE: The Complete Monterrey Pop Festival

Is the video really grainy when you watch it? Mine is. I thought it was some sort of "special effect" at first but the whole thing is like that.

Sorry for the delay, I spaced on this... huh, that's strange, I definitely did not have a feeling like that and from what you're describing I probably would have. I actually thought it looked pretty darn good (and thought it sounded incredible) for the age and conditions under which it was captured... I wonder what is going on with your copy, is it the same one I showed? This is the version I have:

https://www.discogs.com/release/11409820-Various-The-Complete-Monterey-Pop-Festival

Bruford's autobiography and Crimson live in Argentina 1994—a nice pairing. I was prompted to grab it based on Bruford's descriptions of how dysfunctional that band could be... and even in his estimation, needed to be in order for them to produce music like they did. But I never got to see the Thrak double-trio live and always regretted it so this is a nice "almost like being there". It's also early enough in the run that they hadn't yet put baffles in front of the drummers (which really demoralized them and Bruford says you can see it in their faces on the Deja VROOOM DVD) and other stuff, so the mood is generally brighter and the material from Thrak was still really new and fresh. Decent multi-camera video though of an amateurish nature overall, and pretty darn good sound with an ambient quad mix. Certain sections are so jarring with the polyrhythms going on... not even the three drummers in the most recent KC incarnation went that far out... credit to Mr. B for those elements.

IMG_1060.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, I spaced on this... huh, that's strange, I definitely did not have a feeling like that and from what you're describing I probably would have. I actually thought it looked pretty darn good (and thought it sounded incredible) for the age and conditions under which it was captured... I wonder what is going on with your copy, is it the same one I showed? This is the version I have:

https://www.discogs.com/release/11409820-Various-The-Complete-Monterey-Pop-Festival
Same as I have. I found that if I go into my Oppo 95 player's video settings and pull back the sharpness to -5 or so the graininess is reduced and tolerable.

Bob James Trío - Feel Like Making Live!

image.jpg

The Best…The mix and fidelity are really good. The atmos channels only give spatiality to the sound (no discretes)
The Worst….Comments between songs
The Curious…..Drums in the right channels, bass in the center channel and piano in the left channels

Last edited:
I recently had an old Super 8 film that I shot while in high school scanned to digital files. I did some work on it over the last few weeks.

This short film was shot on Queen's tour in support of their "Jazz" album, This silent film was very roughly mated with a live recording from a Montreal '78 concert which is said to be the best audience recording of the '78 Jazz tour. At the end of this video I've included some still photographs that I also took at the Lakeland '78 concert. ENJOY!

I recently had an old Super 8 film that I shot while in high school scanned to digital files. I did some work on it over the last few weeks.

This short film was shot on Queen's tour in support of their "Jazz" album, This silent film was very roughly mated with a live recording from a Montreal '78 concert which is said to be the best audience recording of the '78 Jazz tour. At the end of this video I've included some still photographs that I also took at the Lakeland '78 concert. ENJOY!

Very nice work and without FREDDIE Queen would still have made a great band, but he made them what they were. I shot them in ‘81 or 82’ in Toronto at MLG was in either Nov or Dec if I recall with my 35mm on my Nikon SLR have great shots but really don’t share on-line, learnt my lesson, because even with watermarks, slimy theives will steal them.

Great work, love the footage😁

1645821120019.jpeg

Imagine Dragons - Smoke + Mirrors Live on blu ray in Dolby Atmos. I’ve had this disc for quite awhile, but this is the first time listening in Dolby Atmos. For a live concert, this mix is very well done. Atmos on ’Radioactive’ is worth the price of admission.👍

Back