What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1623464862553.jpeg

B.B. King - Live At Montreux 1993 on blu ray in 5.1
This is a must have if you’re a fan, excellent audio and video(y)

Joe Bonamassa - Now Serving: Royal Tea From The Ryman
Just a few snippets so far at the pc. Looking forward to sitting down and watching JB in action on the HT.
I've now been through the concert BD. In my opinion this is some of his best work. In large part is the material. Now I enjoyed the London series, acoustic concerts, etc but this one just seems to stand above. Having another good guitarist on stage was a definite plus for me as well. Wish I was able to put the words together better through this headache but suffice to say listening was a thrill.

Horrorpops Live At The Wiltern. Solid sound, horrible cinematography; the longest shot is probably 5 seconds.

Toto: With A Little Help From My Friends. Live studio concert. Stereo only Blu-ray but great performances and a nice selection of tunes. A very pleasant surprise but a 5.1 mix would have helped to open up all the individual performances.

Attachments

• Jul 3f.jpg
    Jul 3f.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 50
Operation Mindcrime-Queensryche DVD-stereo. Madison, Milwaukee And La Crosse, Wisconsin 05/10-12/91 24/48Khz. From box set released 7/14/2021.
Further into this, the best section is The Videos, Like a story/movie but done as individual videos that all tie together, this comes out as Dolby Surround which is weak, mostly three front speakers. I switched to Multi Channel Stereo which basically puts the same info in the fronts and rears.
R-19797433-1628496935-8886.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
BEST CONCERT VIDEO THEY EVER RELEASED ...... JUST SO DISAPPOINTING THAT THEY ONLY HAVE 4 OF THE SONGS ON THE DVD.....MAYBE WITH THE NEW DEAL WITH "UNIVERSAL" WE WILL GET THE WHOLE THING!!!! COMES CLOSE TO MY FAVORITE LIVE RECORDING OF THEIRS WHICH IS FROM CENTRAL PARK AUG. 29, 1975
Aerosmith - Rockin' The Joint Front Cover Open.jpg
Aerosmith - Rockin' The Joint Back Cover Open.jpg

Back