What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat Metheny, The Way Up Live (DVD, 2006) and The Unity Sessions (Blu-Ray, 2015). Live versions of two very different Grammy winning albums, with drummer Antonio Sanchez as the constant. Was the "Way Up" tour the last with Lyle Mays? (Wikipedia answers that it was the last one touring behind new material.) Anyway, nostalgic to see him one more time. (R.I.P.) Listening to the PMG, even in this late, expanded version, and even if they're just playing one sort of bloated new work rather than revisiting old repertoire, is like putting on the proverbial old slipper. The sound of the Unity Band date, meanwhile, is part PMG and part return to post-bop roots (a la 80/81 or Rejoicing), seasoned with dashes of Ornette and Orchestrion. Chris Potter is a monster in any context. Both good Eagle Vision productions. The first has very respectable Dolby & DTS 5.1 surround; the second isn't much more than reverb in the rears.

1636652228603.png
1636652285633.png

Snarky Puppy, Family Dinner Vol. 2. Michael League & Co. with an all-star international cast of guest artists, including Susana Baca, Terence Blanchard, Jacob Collier, David Crosby, Charlie Hunter, Salif Keita, Jason Marsalis, Laura Mvula, Becca Stevens, Chris Turner, and the Swedish folk group Väsen. The mix is nothing special--as far as I can tell, it's just stereo, summed in the center channel and (partially) doubled in the rears at lower volumes. And the sound has that harsh, crispy Dolby Digital soundtrack edge. But it's still enveloping, and the live-in-studio videos are beautifully shot, as always. The artist-interview interludes are pretty nice, too. Wish some of this band's other work were available in surround.
https://store.snarkypuppy.com/products/family-dinner-vol-2-cd-dvd
1637280919275.png

Last edited:
Snarky Puppy, Family Dinner Vol. 2. Michael League & Co. with an all-star international cast of guest artists, including Susana Baca, Terence Blanchard, Jacob Collier, David Crosby, Charlie Hunter, Salif Keita, Jason Marsalis, Laura Mvula, Becca Stevens, Chris Turner, and the Swedish folk group Väsen. The mix is nothing special--as far as I can tell, it's just stereo, summed in the center channel and (partially) doubled in the rears at lower volumes. And the sound has that harsh, crispy Dolby Digital soundtrack edge. But it's still enveloping, and the live-in-studio videos are beautifully shot, as always. The artist-interview interludes are pretty nice, too. Wish some of this band's other work were available in surround.
https://store.snarkypuppy.com/products/family-dinner-vol-2-cd-dvd
View attachment 73641
I have the Snarky Puppy video "We Like it Here" and really really like these guys. Incredible musicianship and I like the live audience in a studio while recording the album vibe. The sound quality is fantastic though stereo only if I recall.

I think I have seen a clip or 2 from this Family Dinner set and looks to be more awesomeness from these guys, so I will have to seek it out.

Eagles – Farewell I. Tour - Live From Melbourne BD

I don't know if there's been better memories for me than seeing the Eagles' live shows (x2) in the '70's. Some of "the best" concert sound I've heard was their shows.
Catching some of this tonight again (still miss Glenn!) and hats off to the impressive guitar playing of Steuart Smith. When they did the song "Love Will Keep Us Alive" he strums some amazing chords with string bends that also emulate pedal steel :smokin

Amazon just dropped their price on the 2CD/Blu package to $22.66. It's certainly worth it for that low price.
I'm seeing a price of $28.23 here:
No Nukes 2CD/BD
Looks like they shipped it then lowered the price by 4 bucks on me?? Seems kinda shifty to lower the price immediately after shipping on a pre-order...No idea how frequently that happens... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Is it worth the bucks or renting it would be better it’s cheaper. How are the EXTRA GOODIES?

No 'Extra Goodies' on the new Springsteen No Nukes concert set (besides a booklet with notes by filmmaker Jon Kilik, photos from the show and a reproduction of a ticket stub for the No Nukes concert). IMHO, still well worth having!

Last edited:
Reactions: PK
Back