What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reflect.jpg

RIP David Longdon 1965 - November 2021

Radiohead, In Rainbows: From the Basement (bootleg DVD) and King of Limbs: Live From the Basement (Blu-Ray). Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack on both, with a DTS option on the latter. Nothing discrete in the rears, but more than just reverb (on King of Limbs, anyway), and given the band's indifference--antipathy?--to surround, it's probably all we'll ever get. (Apart from that crazy new Kid A Nmesia Exhibition "videogame" that just dropped....)

Both of these films are available from the "Radiohead Public Library" (on Vimeo) and Nigel Godrich has also begun putting the From the Basement series up on the new "Coda Collection" add-on to Amazon Prime Video, but it's not clear to me if either of those sources has retained the surround soundtracks.

1637476190082.png
1637462622196.png

Last edited:
The Dukes of September (Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald, and Boz Scaggs, with members of the Steely Dan Band), Live at Lincoln Center (BDV, 2014 [DVD, 2012]). Nicely shot program of rock & soul hits plus selections from the catalogues of all three principals. Or, as Fagen put it in Eminent Hipsters: "a program of moldy old R&B and soul tunes that we like, with some of our own hits thrown in to keep the TV Babies happy." DTS 5.1 surround, applause-and-reverb-in-the-rears only.
https://www.discogs.com/release/557...Live-At-Lincoln-Center-The-Dukes-Of-September
1637526484347.png

Last edited:
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band THE LEGENDARY NO NUKES CONCERT [1979] [SONY/1 BD~V LPCM 5.1/2 RBCDs].

Legendary is an apt term. Bruce and the E~Streeters are in EXCELLENT Form. 90 minutes of PURE ECSTASY! Nice video and excellent sonics. Even the 2 accompanying RBCDs sound fantastic and uncompressed. High Recommendation!

71arImoFnRL._SL1500_.jpg

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band THE LEGENDARY NO NUKES CONCERT [1979] [SONY/1 BD~V LPCM 5.1/2 RBCDs].

Legendary is an apt term. Bruce and the E~Streeters are in EXCELLENT Form. 90 minutes of PURE ECSTASY! Nice video and excellent sonics. Even the 2 accompanying RBCDs sound fantastic and uncompressed. High Recommendation!

71arImoFnRL._SL1500_.jpg
I just watched it on Apple TV last night….was not very impressed…the Blu-Ray that comes with The River Box set of his show in AZ is SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!

I just watched it on Apple TV last night….was not very impressed…the Blu-Ray that comes with The River Box set of his show in AZ is SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!

So there was a worm in the Apple, MM? I had seen Bruce Live around that time with the E Street Band and, IMO, he blew the roof off the joint and was better than YES and DYLAN who I also saw around that time.

Fussy, Fussy! But I'll take your word for it.

Only wish SONY and Bruce would sign off on re~releasing ALL his CORE albums in DISCRETE 5.1 [or ATMOS] instead of AMBIENT CONCERTS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Eric Clapton…..Lady in The balcony (4K and atmos mix) not discrete but great in every way (set list, ambience, sound and image quality)

despite the bad reviews very happy to have bought it

image.jpg

Back