What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fish - Farewell to Childhood (Live in Europe 2015-2016) (2CD + DVD)
[IMG]

Chicago: The Terry Kath Experience
Saw this last night on axsTV (Documentary/concert), very tragic loss. Learned that Jimi Hendrix wanted to produce and record an album with Terry Kath. Just the musical explanation of the song: "Introduction" on CTA; shows the brilliance of Terry and the band, true pioneers. I feel very fortunate to have seen them in concert in the mid 70s. Thank goodness we have the Quadio set!

View attachment 40918

Now on the IMDB Channel (via Amazon):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/amzn1.dv.gti.2aaf93de-6aca-e40f-4f2a-0838853ed277

I watch at least one live concert a week, and at least once a year I sit down and take in Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense - which is not only in glorious surround but I constantly forget that there's also a great commentary track

Attachments

• heads.jpg
    heads.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 33
The FOO FIGHTERS SKIN & BONES. Just received it today. UNBELIEVABLE Elliot Scheiner 5.1 DISCRETE remix. And don't be fooled by the DVD's DD 5.1 remix ...it really sounds I N C R E D I B L E ... down to the deepest bass!

FD DVD Front.jpeg

I was doing some work in the house and for the hell of it I threw on the BluRay 2003 version of Soundstage with Micheal McDonald. It was nice background music to have on while I was working. Ashford and Simpson came out and did two great tunes with him, but I had to put my stuff down and watch in awe as Patrick Simmons and Tom Johnson came out to play with him. That was not what made me stop, though. It was when Patrick started playing the intro to "Black Water". I've heard that tune so many times it should be burned out in my head but for some reason today, hearing it and watching Patrick smile in HD as he sung it, well, that was very cool. But I guess you have to be of a certain age to really appreciate it.

One of the best concerts I have ever attended and the best drum solo BY FAR...and probably the one where all members are now dead...
Saw them at the Boston Opera House 3 days before this video was shot in Detroit, and I have found a VERY good tape from that too, although incomplete...
Sound can be manipulated to obtain a very decent end result...

One of the best concerts I have ever attended and the best drum solo BY FAR...and probably the one where all members are now dead...
I saw E, L, Powell in Chicago at the awesome Chicago Theater sometime in the 80s.
Yep Cozy Powell was a very accomplished drummer and fit right in place of Carl Palmer. Super concert that night for sure. ;)

I saw E, L, Powell in Chicago at the awesome Chicago Theater sometime in the 80s.
Yep Cozy Powell was a very accomplished drummer and fit right in place of Carl Palmer. Super concert that night for sure. ;)
I was studying Music Production and Engineering at Berklee at the time (graduated too!!) and it always drove me up the wall the way Palmer was ALWAYS rushing the tempo (Aquatarkus on WBMFTTSTNE, anyone?) and found that Cozy was the PERFECT drummer for them, hard hitting and steady as a rock, such a pity that Phonogram dropped them after that 1st LP...
I MIGHT do some audio treatment to the video cause it can be done..will let cha guys know when I do...

Saw them at the Boston Opera House 3 days before this video was shot in Detroit, and I have found a VERY good tape from that too, although incomplete...
Sound can be manipulated to obtain a very decent end result...

am restoring the audio as best as I can... it feels quite satisfying..takes me back to my Synclavier days...the video seems to drift a bit sync wise and solving it is a lot of fun...

418ABF12-7757-48F2-B092-29B25D35D15E.jpeg
Focus - Sight & Sound Vol.1

From their 50 Years box set, from four different shows.
The audio and video quality on the Rainbow material is rough but the performances shine through.
The three BBC shows, especially the last from April ‘74 has excellent video and sound quality

Back