What Do You Think The Next Rhino Quadio Title Will Be?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That certainly would seem like the most obvious of choices (especially if the rumored quad mixes of the first two albums exist.). Having said that, since it would seem like the most obvious choice, I would have to imagine that there is some obstacle in the way. The Doobies and Chicago are obviously quite popular, but the Eagles popularity is significantly larger than the other two bands. I wouldn't be surprised if the band were making such a project difficult.
IIRC, there are some classic Eagles quads?
One of These Nights & On the Border were both issued in quad. The first two albums were both announced but never released. It's never been confirmed if the mixes were completed.

That certainly would seem like the most obvious of choices (especially if the rumored quad mixes of the first two albums exist.). Having said that, since it would seem like the most obvious choice, I would have to imagine that there is some obstacle in the way. The Doobies and Chicago are obviously quite popular, but the Eagles popularity is significantly larger than the other two bands. I wouldn't be surprised if the band were making such a project difficult.

One of These Nights & On the Border were both issued in quad. The first two albums were both announced but never released. It's never been confirmed if the mixes were completed.
It's been a while since someone did a recap: who are the viable artists again? Like, 4 or more quad albums, I guess?

It's been a while since someone did a recap: who are the viable artists again? Like, 4 or more quad albums, I guess?

Here's what comes to mind for me, in terms of WEA-controlled artists:
  • Jefferson Airplane/Starship had 6: Volunteers, The Worst Of Jefferson Airplane, Bark, Dragon Fly, Red Octopus, and Spitfire. You can also add Grace Slick & Paul Kantner's Sunfighter and 5 Hot Tuna quads (Burgers, Live Electric, America's Choice, Yellow Fever, and Hot Tuna)
  • Carly Simon had 5: Carly Simon, No Secrets, Hotcakes, Playing Possum, and The Best Of Carly Simon. A quad version of Another Passenger was announced, but never released.
  • The Spinners had 3: The Spinners, New & Improved, and Pick Of The Litter.
  • The Eagles had 2: On The Border and One Of These Nights. Quad versions of their first two albums were announced, but never released (as mentioned by @privateuniverse upthread).
  • James Taylor had 2: Gorilla and One Man Dog. Sweet Baby James, Mud Slide Slim & The Blue Horizon, and Walking Man were all announced for quad and never released.
  • Joni Mitchell had 2: Court & Spark and The Hissing Of Summer Lawns. Warner engineer Lee Herschberg mentioned in an interview back in the '70s that he mixed the song "Carey" from Blue to quad, so some have speculated that the a quad mix of the entire album may exist.
  • Gordon Lightfoot had 2: Sundown and Cold On The Shoulder. I think Gord's Gold was announced for quad as well, but that one never materialized.
  • Randy Newman had 2: Sail Away and Good Old Boys.
  • Graham Central Station had 2: Graham Central Station and Ain't No 'Bout-A-Doubt-It
It seems like there's a lot more material for two-fers than box sets...

• Jefferson Airplane/Starship had 6: Volunteers, The Worst Of Jefferson Airplane, Bark, Dragon Fly, Red Octopus, and Spitfire. You can also add Grace Slick & Paul Kantner's Sunfighter and 5 Hot Tuna quads (Burgers, Live Electric, America's Choice, Yellow Fever, and Hot Tuna)
  • Carly Simon had 5: Carly Simon, No Secrets, Hotcakes, Playing Possum, and The Best Of Carly Simon. A quad version of Another Passenger was announced, but never released.
  • The Eagles had 2: On The Border and One Of These Nights. Quad versions of their first two albums were announced, but never released (as mentioned by @privateuniverse upthread).
  • James Taylor had 2: Gorilla and One Man Dog. Sweet Baby James, Mud Slide Slim & The Blue Horizon, and Walking Man were all announced for quad and never released.
  • Joni Mitchell had 2: Court & Spark and The Hissing Of Summer Lawns. Warner engineer Lee Herschberg mentioned in an interview back in the '70s that he mixed the song "Carey" from Blue to quad, so some have speculated that the a quad mix of the entire album may exist.
  • Gordon Lightfoot had 2: Sundown and Cold On The Shoulder. I think Gord's Gold was announced for quad as well, but that one never materialized.
  • Graham Central Station had 2: Graham Central Station and Ain't No 'Bout-A-Doubt-It
I would be pleased as Punch to have (buy) any of these in a Quadio set 1-X 😋

If Rhino delivers these quads in four packs (or more) at the price of the Doobies Quadio, I’m sure that they will have great success marketing all of these titles.

I would be all-in for a JA/JS Quadio set. Probably for The Spinners too.

Back