What Do You Think The Next Rhino Quadio Title Will Be?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Aretha Franklin disc is now sold out and going for $50 to $100 on the collectors' market, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

I bought three copies of CTA and two Aretha discs. I need something new like a half dozen titles to get excited about. Why don't they start a poll?

The Chicago Quadio box set was over a year in the making, but no one on here knew about the release until @Bull Moose shared the news with us about 2 months before the release date.

I’m going to interpret that as you’re saying there’s a chance we’ll see Eagles quads in January! Toot Toot! :LB

I’m going to interpret that as you’re saying there’s a chance we’ll see Eagles quads in January! Toot Toot! :LB

I think that would be a little soon for the Eagles seeing as how they just released that big "Legacy" box set, but I certainly hope the release of the Quadraphonic mixes will happen at some point in the future, but first, the Doobie Brothers!

:)

Here’s to being hopeful that things like Chicago Quadio, the Doors release and what is going on over at D-V inspires these labels to decide it is worth their while to reissue most of these quad mixes they have sitting around in their vaults.

I get that there are some instances where the artists have a say and are resistant or royalty contracts make it cost-prohibitive, but I have to imagine that in the majority of these cases it’s simply a matter of just deciding to do so.

It doesn’t seem as if the Warner’s quad vaults are all that extensive. I get that Eagles may be cost/artist prohibitive. Or that the market for a Carly Simon boxed set is probably pretty small. But certainly there must be some more good individual titles that will pencil-out for them?

I think that would be a little soon for the Eagles seeing as how they just released that big "Legacy" box set, but I certainly hope the release of the Quadraphonic mixes will happen at some point in the future, but first, the Doobie Brothers! :)

How many Eagles quads are actually out there? The poll index shows On The Border and One Of These Nights. Any others?

How many Eagles quads are actually out there? The poll index shows On The Border and One Of These Nights. Any others?

Eagles and Desperado appeared in a Schwann catalog back in the day- it’s been speculated they may exist.

I’ve also seen rumors of a quad Hotel California, but that seems unlikely since WEA stopped issuing quad by 1975.

It doesn’t seem as if the Warner’s quad vaults are all that extensive. I get that Eagles may be cost/artist prohibitive. Or that the market for a Carly Simon boxed set is probably pretty small. But certainly there must be some more good individual titles that will pencil-out for them?

They control a lot of good stuff- Jackson's Browne's Late For The Sky is one of my all-time favorite quads, what I'd give to see that one out. The Asylum titles are particularly great, and none of those got quad reel releases.

There just aren't many WEA artists that got enough quad mixes to warrant a box set. If they step away from the box set model and start doing individual titles, there may be more options.

They control a lot of good stuff- Jackson's Browne's Late For The Sky is one of my all-time favorite quads, what I'd give to see that one out. The Asylum titles are particularly great, and none of those got quad reel releases.

There just aren't many WEA artists that got enough quad mixes to warrant a box set. If they step away from the box set model and start doing individual titles, there may be more options.
Well, the boxed set “model” consists of exactly one release so far, so it seems a pretty good bet they’d be willing to do if it’s a good enough title that pencils out for them. Seems to me the “must be a boxed set” idea is something we all came up with here on our own. Lol.

I think the Chicago box was unique in that it’s not a set of titles that WEA controls. At least not in the same way as other titles. The band owns the titles and goes through WEA/Rhino for distribution on their own.

Or am I incorrect about that?

Last edited:
I’m not brave enough to bet on any releases.

But we’ve seen so many old quads get released by various sources in the last couple of years that I’m hopeful we will continue to see more.

It seems like everytime we think they are done....one pops up out of nowhere...and it they can release Hendrix after all these years...anything is possible(y)

I couldn't agree more . Individual quad titles , something akin to The Doors Best blu-ray for a large # of individual quad mixes is the way for Rhino to go .
Popular selling titles such as some of the Asylum artists would be great. And I would love some of those shelved (Schwann 's quad listings) titles as well.
Of course Doobies would be the exception as all 4 discs are stellar quad mixes and the first 3 of the 4 are good sellers.
I believe they still have a good quad archive fwiw.

I couldn't agree more . Individual quad titles , something akin to The Doors Best blu-ray for a large # of individual quad mixes is the way for Rhino to go .
Popular selling titles such as some of the Asylum artists would be great. And I would love some of those shelved (Schwann 's quad listings) titles as well.
Of course Doobies would be the exception as all 4 discs are stellar quad mixes and the first 3 of the 4 are good sellers.
I believe they still have a good quad archive fwiw.

I would definitely support more individual releases. But if the rumored quad mixes of Blue and For the Roses exist, and they put them together with Court and Spark and The Hissing of Summer Lawns for a Joni Mitchell box, then I'd be all over that like white on rice!

I would definitely support more individual releases. But if the rumored quad mixes of Blue and For the Roses exist, and they put them together with Court and Spark and The Hissing of Summer Lawns for a Joni Mitchell box, then I'd be all over that like white on rice!
And me, "Hissing Of Summer Lawns" is one of my favourite albums, never heard the Quad though :(

In the meantime, there are a few other discs in the works that have yet to be fully revealed but will hopefully be revealed within the first few months of 2019. (BTW I'm not referring to anything from Rhino or anything as earth-shatteringly significant as the Doobies Quadio box set but it's good stuff all the same.
Ah-ha! So, you admit it?! :ROFLMAO:(y):cool:

She has 2 released and one ," Blue ", was mentioned mixed sometime in the 70's according to Billboard . I believe Steelydave put up the article on that one .

I would also love to get all, 3 released/reissued and if there is a 4th , so much the better . It would be Quadio box worthy . :)

Also as single release Quadio's it would be WAY COOL to get the shelved "Van Morrison " and " Ry Cooder "
(again dug up info fr Steelydave fr Billboard)

:)

Back