What Do You Think The Next Rhino Quadio Title Will Be?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently the folks at Rhino do listen to what we want. The Doobies Quadio box set had been suggested by members of the forum for some time now, and it's about to happen! So who else do we want to see a Quadio set from? James Taylor, perhaps?

I highly doubt we will see any other Quadio box sets from Rhino after this one. The Chicago and Doobies sets work perfectly for two reasons:
1) Both bands still enjoy quite a lot of commercial appeal in the 21st century
2) Both bands had enough Quadraphonic mixes to warrant a dedicated box set (4 for the Doobies and 9 for Chicago)

I see the future of Quadio Blu-Ray releases more in line with their inclusion in single album box sets or deluxe editions.

The other one that could make sense for Rhino would be The Eagles. However, that would be prediacted on two major factors:

1) Do the rumored quad mixes of the first two albums actually exist?
2) Could you get Henley to sign off on the project?

If you could clear both those hurdles, an Eagles Quadio set would certainly outsell sets by the Doobies or Chicago.

Didn’t Rhino just buy the rights to most of the Jefferson Airplane catalog? I know it’s not the Eagles, It depends on how well this DB release will go; and whoever is the driving force for these Quadio releases at Rhino can also make a case for it to make good business sense for whatever is next.
So I’m back to- BUY.! BUY.! BUY!

The other one that could make sense for Rhino would be The Eagles. However, that would be prediacted on two major factors:

If you could clear both those hurdles, an Eagles Quadio set would certainly outsell sets by the Doobies or Chicago.

I think the problem here is that the Eagles Legacy box came out less than two years ago, but maybe another reissue included surround mixes could be doable in a few years time. The two quads that were released are in dire need of a sonic upgrade - On The Border might be the worst-sounding quad LP in my collection.

I hate to be a downer but I thought I read somewheres the Eagles music were a casualty of that umg fire.

I hate to be a downer but I thought I read somewheres the Eagles music were a casualty of that umg fire.

The Eagles albums from the 70's have always been under the Warner Brothers umbrella. If any Eagles masters perished in the UMG fire, it probably would have been Hell Freezes Over or Long Road Out of Eden, both of which were distributed by Universal. Also, several solo titles by Henley & Frey were Universal releases.

Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, Papa John or Grace/Paul Quads are great, too. BRING EM ON, RHINO, SONY, GRUNT, or whoever.
We Quad Heads are a greedy bunch. (Greed is good. LOL). The release of the Doobies Quadio has just been announced and we are already lobbying for more! Love it!

Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, Papa John or Grace/Paul Quads are great, too. BRING EM ON, RHINO, SONY, GRUNT, or whoever.
We Quad Heads are a greedy bunch. (Greed is good. LOL). The release of the Doobies Quadio has just been announced and we are already lobbying for more! Love it!
I'll happily put some/lots of money Rhino's way for all those albums as Quadio releases :SB

The squeaky wheel gets the grease... (or they just happily watch us roll down hill squealing like pissed off piglets 🤠 )

The release of this long overdue Doobie Quadio boxset is phenomenol news but we're accustomed to Dutton Vocalion churning out well over 100 old QUAD titles in spectacular fashion and Warner/Rhino does have some spectacular A list QUAD titles itching for release and NO intentions of actually releasing them, citing excruciating royalty payments and lack of interest on the part of the artists.

But couldn't they at least license some of their non A list artists to D~V for replication and perhaps save those A listers [as SONY has] for future box set/deluxe edition release??????

Last edited:
Back