what is dvd-audio?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I went to my local owned stereo outlet. I have purchased most of my stuff here, loking for a dvd deck to play dvd audio/sacd/hdcd/ and so on. To my surprise they had no idea of either of any format. and this is where I got my start with my Integra, with 5.1 inputs. I asked them to get me a $ on something that will do all. after 3 weeks they never did call me. I suppose I was asking way too much of them. This is one very good reason for the total lack of knowledge people have regarding high-rez/multi-channel. But there will always be us! Who are smart enough to be saving our own ears from bad sound that is popular. people do like the cheap hot dogs!

Admittedly, I do like the metaphorical cheap hot dogs. :phones

But listening to a well-done multichannel DVD-Audio, SACD, or even some DD/DTS discs is a whole 'nother level!!! It's too bad surround hasn't taken off more. I tried to promote it to anyone who might be slightly interested and I guess I still try. But it does seem a bit pointless at times. Whatever will be will be. I'm just going to enjoy what we have and whatever stuff we may get.

With the explosion of the DVD and home theater, I don't know why the labels didn't pitch DVD audio discs to the owners, who probably had 5.1 setups already if they were enjoying movies in surround. Now I hear that the labels have abandoned DVD-A and SACD or don't want to put out something in one format in Europe when the label with U.S. rights uses a competing format! It seems all so stupid to me that the hi-rez formats failed when much of the "infrastructure" was in place!!!

Back