What is the story behind your Avatar

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Sonik Wiz

👂 500 MPH EARS 👂
I finally got a DVD of that. It's my favorite movie too. I have a VHS of it (but no working player) and a download from Mike Jittlov's website. I also have downloads of the original film the movie is about making, Animato, and Swing Shift (with the original music).
Oh man that's great. Your only the 2nd person I know of that has seen it independently of my presenting it.

AYanguas

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Is that the Aqueduct of Segovia ?
Exactly.

Big change from living in Madrid 3+ Million inhabitants to Segovia about 50 K
When I was still working, I went to Madrid every day and returned to Segovia in the afternoon (about 80 + 80 km driving) and it seemed to me that I was on vacation for a few hours.
I exploited telecommuting as much as I could.

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Exactly.

Big change from living in Madrid 3+ Million inhabitants to Segovia about 50 K
When I was still working, I went to Madrid every day and returned to Segovia in the afternoon (about 80 + 80 km driving) and it seemed to me that I was on vacation for a few hours.
I exploited telecommuting as much as I could.
I’ve been there. It’s a wonderful town in a spectacular country. That aqueduct is extremely impressive in person.

Hey QQ people, if you’ve Never Been To Spain and get the opportunity, do it.

paligap

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Hey all - sorry for the abrupt change. My dad passed away yesterday morning, so I was feeling super sentimental. A few tough days ahead. Love my pappy!! 😩
My sincere condolences. I lost my dad almost 3 years ago. It's a hole that can't be filled, but for me, it helped that he lived a long life and was a good man.

ummagumma

Bovius Electronicus
Hey all - sorry for the abrupt change. My dad passed away yesterday morning, so I was feeling super sentimental. A few tough days ahead. Love my pappy!! 😩
Sorry to hear that, condolences!

After my Dad passed, every year on his birthday I crack open a beer & put on an old LP: "Pierre Berton reads the poems of Robert Service". He knew the entire "Cremation of Sam McGee" by heart, and drove us all up to the Yukon in a campervan when we were kids, to visit. Great memories.

ummagumma

Bovius Electronicus
Oops, forgot to answer the avatar Q!

When I put together my 5U modular synth, it took me *forever* to get power distribution working. I had modules sitting in boxes for over a year. Off the shelf power options are expensive, and being broke didn't help much. I finally found some old linear power supplies at a surplus place, and salvaged some fused switchpanels from other dead electronics.

5U modular format is also called Moog Unit ( MU ), in reference to Moog, who pioneered a lot of the modular synth designs.

I have always had a humorous affinity with cows, for multiple reasons. Growing up near a cow field led to many disasterous & fun adventures. I keep running into Cow references & anecdotes throughout life: and a video game I did a soundtrack for is also full of funny cow references.

So I needed to come up with a name to use. As a pun on MU ( Moog Unit ) and how long it took me to actually get the damn power distro working, combined with the cow humour, I chose "Electric Moo".

So that avatar is a shot of my 5U/MU modular, with a cow skull in the foreground.

And to top it all off, and celebrate the fact this thing actually works now (!!) I am currently working on a modular album called "Electric MU" ;)

SHB

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I'm sorry your dad died. May he rest in peace.

Reactions: GOS

MidiMagic

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Oh man that's great. Your only the 2nd person I know of that has seen it independently of my presenting it.
My experiences with the works of Mike Jittlov:

- Saw "Fantastic Animation Festival" (WOSAT short, Time Tripper, Swing Shift, and Animato)
- Saw movie "The Wizard of Speed and Time" on TV.
- Got a VHS of Fantastic Animation Festival
- Got a VHS of movie "The Wizard of Speed and Time"
- Found Jittlov's website and downloaded everything.
- Bought the movie DVD mail order last month.