What is the story behind your Avatar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, the sticker was used on the UK SQ Quad of Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells. I recall it being used on some pressings of other EMI UK SQ releases.

Thanks for the assist Linda, it's been so long since I dug it out that I just couldn't remember. It's somewhere in the big stack of SQ's then...

Mark with four ears

Back in 1994, when I created a website to go along with my fondness of obsolete audio technology, I adapted Robert Crumb's Keep On Truckin! character for my Keep On Trackin! logo. He's carrying a Panasonic plunger 8-track player and an 8-track tape in the other hand.

My avatar is our family dog, Bogi, an Old English Sheepdog. I believe the photo was taken when he was about 1.5 years old (he is now 7.5 years old). Here's a bigger view:

2179399179_a55b8b059f.jpg

And from the other end:

2179399543_be987682f3.jpg

Mine pretty much explains itself, there is a little of me in that foul, dark yet fascinating visage. Only a genius like Chuck Jones could have come up with a Grinch that is at once diabolical yet endearing.

ED :)

My Avatar is a picture of myself in Varadero Beach, Cuba (2012)

Paradise on earth, beautiful beach.

The trip in 2012 was my first time back to Cuba after 18 years in exile. I'm going back next year (2019) to visit for the first time with my american wife (from Charlotte, NC) and our american daughters (18 & 15) to celebrate my 55 birthday and the 25th anniversary of my departure.

The circle of my life will be complete.

Can't wait!!!! :)

hh6lok3.jpg

Kind regards,

Last edited:
More pictures of Varadero Beach, Cuba (2012)

Can't help it, I'm cuban-american :):):)

You guys need to go there on vacation.

Enjoy!!!

FqiTybc.jpg

UgGOmkd.jpg

RbjN0xU.jpg

MMrvVoZ.jpg

kCqlzdo.jpg

Varadero Beach, Cuba from the air (parasailing with boat)

and,

Habana, Cuba, the city where I was born

4fxkBq8.jpg

Kind regards,

Last edited:
My name originated from a town in the East Farthing of The Shire called 'Frogmorton' from The Lord of the Rings books. I've been fascinated by all things Tolkien since I was a wee lad of about 12 (47 now). I would say that Star Wars shaped me into who I am as far as movies, Moving Pictures from Rush decided that I would be a drummer for music, and Tolkien's Middle-Earth first unleashed my imagination with reading. By the way, I'm just a good 'ol boy from East Tennessee, and not the least bit a proper English gentleman that I have been somehow mistaken for on here because of my olde-style nomenclature handle. :D

Edit: I love linguistics, and 'Frogmorton' contains 'Ton' which is short for town, 'Mor' for death or dark, and 'Frog' for frog. 'Dead Frog Town'. Welcome! :smokin

The short story would be that I love blue crabs, which of course turn red when you cook them.
The actual story is... back in the mid 70's, when I was in a lounge band, one place we played at had a Line Dancing class going on in an adjacent room on Wednesday nights. One night, the Line Dancers burst onto our dance floor. They were doing all types of moves, one of which was shimmying down to the floor. Our drummer laughed and said it reminded him of “The Attack Of The Crab Monsters” (a classic 1950's cheapo horror film). About that time I got my Teac 4-Track Reel-To-Reel and immediately dubbed my recording area “Crab Monster Studios”, and used to draw that crab on my track sheets. :music

Many years ago, not long after getting married, my wife and I had hit a rough patch financially and didn't have money for gifts to give extended family and friends. So I came up with the idea of burning Christmas mix CDs with my favorite holiday songs on them. We called it "Have a Hip Christmas: A Musical Christmas Card". Since it was in part a greeting card, I found a clip art crown similar to the Hallmark crown and called the "record label" "Galemark" (my wife is Gale, I am Mark). Later, when I started doing remasters of bootleg recordings and needledrops of OOP albums, I used the logo as an identifier for those works.

Back