What is the story behind your Avatar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is an edit of a photo of lightning I took in 1996 in Golden Colorado. It is too small to see on the avatar, but where it contacts the ground there is a "streamer" which is an unconnected upward moving leader next to the channel. I like the image of being electrified by quad!

Well.. after moving to Denver recently I decided that it was time to update the GORGEOUS Capucine -new life, new photo-..her pose is very close to my FB profile one... so I chose one of the hundreds of photos of her-I found this one recently ...she was SOOO BEAUTIFUL...I know; having a crush on a dead actress is not very healthy.. BUT WHO CARES????
ROCK ON!!!

My avatar is a pair of miniDSP nanoAVR-HDA boxes, which are the heart of my 5.1 full-active home audio rig. They weren't really designed to be used in pairs like this, so there are some odd quirks to deal with. But the sound is so freaking gorgeous, the little workarounds don't even bother me anymore.

(For fellow nerds, here is a short(ish) description of my current setup. Here is the "Jim slowly figures it out" story of the original version, with an epilogue here.)

These are baby giant waxy monkey frogs. They sleep in the light. I took this picture. I am Green.
011.JPG

My avatar, for a long time, came from a live Rush background image. An American soldier with angel's wings. Quite a provocative image and might not mean to me what some might assume...
My current avatar is taken from the cover of my very own 2017 surround album, Disturbing the Universe. It's a miracle it got made and wouldn't have happened without QQ! I made the image in my spare time while waiting for the album and my (now 13 month old) son to be born!

My nickname is the cat# of the Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart UK 7" (which - surprise! - is one of my all-time favourite songs). James Talon made this nice piece of art which I painstakingly cropped and still managed to cut away the most important part. Oh well…

I'm originally from Chicago. I love Chicago and took my son there three years ago. We went to Buddy Guy's Blues Club and had a great time. Going back to our hotel, late at night, I took this shot waiting for the "L". I have no idea who the gentleman in the picture is. Didn't even notice him when I took the picture, (had a fair amount of drink.) I thought he added a lot and I loved the perspective. Anyway, that's my story and I'm stuck with it.

My avatar is a single-panel illustrations by Ashleigh Brilliant. I liked the quote because when I'm not doing critical listening I always have to have music playing in the background. I liked the gramophone drawing as well, which got mostly cropped out.

ashly brilliant 001.JPG

I have to start with the user name. For much of my childhood, I was a member of the Official Star Wars Fan Club. This included subscription to the official magazine, Star Wars Insider, naturally. There was one issue in which they had an essay about Mark Hamill titled "Luke Skywalker: From Jedi To Joker." I don't know why, but that article title stuck with me and when it came time to choose a new online user name to replace my first, very silly one, I settled on "JediJoker." I probably wasn't the first to come up with it nor will I be the last, but I could be the only one who chose it due to remembering some obscure essay title in a limited-release magazine. I do show up as the third, fourth, sixth, and ninth results on the first page of a standard Google search.

The avatar came about simply because I liked the image (used as box art on Star Wars 3-1/4" action figure toys around the time of the release of Episode III) and it related, somewhat tangentially, to my user name.

clonecommander(sergeant33).jpg

Back