What is the story behind your Avatar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of people have really interesting avatars on this site and I expect there are some good stories around them. My avatar photo captures 2 of my main interests, David Tennant who played the tenth incarnation of Doctor Who (a Time Lord)in his racing helmet with The Stig from Top Gear representing my interest in high performance cars. Whats your story?
Performance cars eh. Got a 1981 Datsun 280zx turbo I drive in the summer not much of a performance car now a days but still fun to drive

I wonder is there any way to find how long your present avatar has been in use. I don't remember what my original one was.
My username came from back in the days when there was no dsl out here, and I had to go to satellite to get a meager 3mbps download speed, and about 76 kbps upload speed.
As I was stretching out and joining forums I was alway lamenting that living "in the boondocks" is cool but lacking in high speed internet. Thus boondocks was born.
On other forums I use a different name these days.

This avatar image of me is from Charles Town Races in West Virginia two years ago. I've made it a tradition to go with or meet up every year with my friend from Northern Maryland on Charles Town Classic day in the early spring right before we head to the Kentucky Derby. We both professionally shoot horse races (he does it full time, I'm part time).

That little bloke is a dingo. These are native to Australia. They have also been almost hunted into extinction, or crossbred with feral dogs, thus reducing the 'pure bloodline' we should be working to protect.
Australia has an appalling record when it comes to the extinction of fauna and flora.
The current bushfire season which extends back as far as October in New South Wales, and has afflicted every state and territory, has seen the certain extinction of hundreds more species of creatures and plants.
The current government is in denial, held to ransom by a small coterie of extreme right wing climate deniers.
I think I just wanted to give a shout out to a beautiful fellow resident of the oldest continent - a dingo.

That little bloke is a dingo. These are native to Australia. They have also been almost hunted into extinction, or crossbred with feral dogs, thus reducing the 'pure bloodline' we should be working to protect.
Australia has an appalling record when it comes to the extinction of fauna and flora.
The current bushfire season which extends back as far as October in New South Wales, and has afflicted every state and territory, has seen the certain extinction of hundreds more species of creatures and plants.
The current government is in denial, held to ransom by a small coterie of extreme right wing climate deniers.
I think I just wanted to give a shout out to a beautiful fellow resident of the oldest continent - a dingo.

I feel what you’re saying! Here in California, long ago wolves would have been very common until they were driven out by man’s progress and poor management. A couple of years ago one was spotted in the north state and everybody went ga-ga. I could go on, but I best stop there.

Mine is a little guy I spotted ages ago in a magazine. His look just cracked me up. I feel much like he looks often; tired, unamused at all the Bull shit, dragged through a rough road, but still tenacious with a willingness to fight. At the end of the day, deep down, just wanting to be sweet dog.

Back