What is the story behind your Avatar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Time Lord

A lot of people have really interesting avatars on this site and I expect there are some good stories around them. My avatar photo captures 2 of my main interests, David Tennant who played the tenth incarnation of Doctor Who (a Time Lord)in his racing helmet with The Stig from Top Gear representing my interest in high performance cars. Whats your story?

I joined QQ two months ago, and have had two avatars. My previous avatar was a toucan. Like the bird, I'm chatty and beautiful.

My current avatar is an album cover. The album is Moby Grape's first, released in 1967. Though there are 18,000 music software titles in my collection, this is my vote for favorite/best album. Steve Simels called this "the perfect first album." Psychedelia, blues, country, classic rock and folk are included in the stew, often all in the same song. Sadly, It has only been released in 2ch and 1ch. There's a bird here, too. Drummer/vocalist Don Stevenson places his bird on the washboard. Columbia airbrushed this out on the second pressing. All five group members write and sing. Three guitars plus bass and drums. Listen my friends.

Linda
Pass the Grape

Hmmm...chatty and beautiful. Will you marry me, Linda? hehe.

Steve Simels. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time (to paraphrase old Ben Kenobi).

Anyway, when I was about 2 1/2, I had a record player exactly like the one the little girl is using in my avater. I remember breaking the three spindly supports for the reproducer and my dad fixing them several times.

The base was red, the other pieces off-white, and the records were green.

I ran into this image by chance online once but I don't remember where, exactly.

Doug

Mine is artwork from a Tool album, which one escapes me at the moment, Lateralus perhaps ?

Their artwork is always great and their video's original too

Mine is artwork from a Tool album, which one escapes me at the moment, Lateralus perhaps ?

Their artwork is always great and their video's original too

Lateralus, it is...

Mine is from Rush - Grace under pressure album...not the front artwork though

I wanted an avatar that depicted a 5.1 setup. Initially I searched through stock google images and picked this:
QuadForum.jpg
Later I decided to customize the image so I used GIMP (a free image editing program) to create my current avatar. Inside the circle is the pure sound of high-res 5.1. Outside the circle is just noise.

Last edited:
Mine is The Great Gazoo. Don't really know why I picked it - I usually go with something from a Herzog film.

I bet Neil Wilkes picked his after hearing that (insert 5.1 title here) was coming out in Dolby Digital only....

Mine is the Scrooge head from last Christmas's holiday graphics pasted onto a stock image of a guitar player. Not sure why I went that way, but it's lasted a while. I've had other various ones before, including the DejaVu Quadradisc.

Oops! I forgot that I changed my avatar! I'm blushing.

This avatar is the light brite that I use as a sign for my acoustic duo. It was inspired by my favorite band, Jellyfish, who took a light brite on their tours.

Mine is a reference to King Crimson and the album Lizard !!!!

Its not a reference to the Lizard King (Jim Morrison) or Godzilla (although I have used Godzilla as an avatar)!!!!

Mine is a from a photo of a plate appeared somewhere two years ago, and "coloured" in the Italian Way. I love the Quad 8 to the max motto!!!!

Pink Floyd has always been one of my favorite artists and "Wish You Were Here" is probably in my top three albums ever list. (Along with The Who - "Who's Next and Led Zeppelin II). Being one of my favorite albums and given the fact that it also was released in Quad back in the day, I thought it was a fitting avatar choice for this forum.

Ironically it appears Pink Floyd is using this picture (formerly on the back of the album) for the cover of the new "Immersion" box set.

Back