What is the story behind your Avatar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George Herriman's genius cartoon strip from the early to mid years of the 20th century, a zany tragicomic love triangle for the ages set against a mutating, surrealistic Arizona landscape:

Offisa Pupp loved Krazy Kat; Krazy loved the mouse Ignatz; Ignatz hated Krazy and endlessly bonked the annoying Kat's head with a brick -- which Krazy misinterpreted as a love tap; and Pupp ocassionaly tossed Ignatz into the jailhouse.

This was my avatar at an online site where I used to review movies. On a whim I ported it over to QQ. It sort of fits here. Just think of Krazy Kat as a surround music fan and Ignatz as the music industry...oh, yeah, and Michael Dutton or Marshall Blonstein as Offisa Pupp.

Last edited:
Simply a cover of ”Explorations in Space and Time”, an album by Jamey Haddad, Lenny White & Mark Sherman. A drum and percussion fiest deluxe, captured using binaural microphones, in my opinion a great surround experience in plain stereo.

My nick is from Nine Cats, a song by Porcupine Tree. I have actually had nine cats in total during my childhood, all at different times. Let’s just say that none of them had nine lives (we lived next to a fairly busy road).

Simply a cover of ”Explorations in Space and Time”, an album by Jamey Haddad, Lenny White & Mark Sherman. A drum and percussion fiest deluxe, captured using binaural microphones, in my opinion a great surround experience in plain stereo.

My nick is from Nine Cats, a song by Porcupine Tree. I have actually had nine cats in total during my childhood, all at different times. Let’s just say that none of them had nine lives (we lived next to a fairly busy road).
I always thought your name came from this, as she does in fact have nine cats in this pic. :p

katzenlady-1-200x307.jpg

Soundboy, until a saw a larger pic of your pooch earlier in this thread, I always thought the little avatar version showed him chillin' on the cool tile floor with a white bar towel draped over his head. :cool:

I thought it was some sort of stuffed chicken or something.. lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is an autographed photo of Grace Slick that I have ("Happy Everything!" lol). Also a JA fan, obviously.

Really enjoyed reading the old posts on this thread. Frogmort, I'm a big Tolkien fan (and even met Priscilla, his daughter, and her family once). Saw It's A Beautiful Day many times when I lived in the Bay area, both before and after Patti Santos (r.i.p.) . . . and, gasp, I have that Leonard Nimoy album! Fits in well with my Tiki music collection :phones

Was going to count the changed avatars, but lost interest :p

Back