What is the story behind your Avatar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got a DVD of that. It's my favorite movie too. I have a VHS of it (but no working player) and a download from Mike Jittlov's website. I also have downloads of the original film the movie is about making, Animato, and Swing Shift (with the original music).
Oh man that's great. Your only the 2nd person I know of that has seen it independently of my presenting it.

Is that the Aqueduct of Segovia ?
Exactly.

Big change from living in Madrid 3+ Million inhabitants to Segovia about 50 K
When I was still working, I went to Madrid every day and returned to Segovia in the afternoon (about 80 + 80 km driving) and it seemed to me that I was on vacation for a few hours.
I exploited telecommuting as much as I could.

Exactly.

Big change from living in Madrid 3+ Million inhabitants to Segovia about 50 K
When I was still working, I went to Madrid every day and returned to Segovia in the afternoon (about 80 + 80 km driving) and it seemed to me that I was on vacation for a few hours.
I exploited telecommuting as much as I could.
I’ve been there. It’s a wonderful town in a spectacular country. That aqueduct is extremely impressive in person.

Hey QQ people, if you’ve Never Been To Spain and get the opportunity, do it.

Hey all - sorry for the abrupt change. My dad passed away yesterday morning, so I was feeling super sentimental. A few tough days ahead. Love my pappy!! 😩
My sincere condolences. I lost my dad almost 3 years ago. It's a hole that can't be filled, but for me, it helped that he lived a long life and was a good man.

Hey all - sorry for the abrupt change. My dad passed away yesterday morning, so I was feeling super sentimental. A few tough days ahead. Love my pappy!! 😩

Sorry to hear that, condolences!

After my Dad passed, every year on his birthday I crack open a beer & put on an old LP: "Pierre Berton reads the poems of Robert Service". He knew the entire "Cremation of Sam McGee" by heart, and drove us all up to the Yukon in a campervan when we were kids, to visit. Great memories.

Oops, forgot to answer the avatar Q!

When I put together my 5U modular synth, it took me *forever* to get power distribution working. I had modules sitting in boxes for over a year. Off the shelf power options are expensive, and being broke didn't help much. I finally found some old linear power supplies at a surplus place, and salvaged some fused switchpanels from other dead electronics.

5U modular format is also called Moog Unit ( MU ), in reference to Moog, who pioneered a lot of the modular synth designs.

I have always had a humorous affinity with cows, for multiple reasons. Growing up near a cow field led to many disasterous & fun adventures. I keep running into Cow references & anecdotes throughout life: and a video game I did a soundtrack for is also full of funny cow references.

So I needed to come up with a name to use. As a pun on MU ( Moog Unit ) and how long it took me to actually get the damn power distro working, combined with the cow humour, I chose "Electric Moo".

So that avatar is a shot of my 5U/MU modular, with a cow skull in the foreground.

And to top it all off, and celebrate the fact this thing actually works now (!!) I am currently working on a modular album called "Electric MU" ;)

A composite photo entitled “Release the music within”. The dermal bars, in conjunction with the glow emanating from the bouzouki, represent the creative release of the music trapped within. Original photo shot many years ago at a CD release concert from the (now defunct) group E-Muziki.
A230E943-93B9-43DF-80F9-916749CC97C9.jpeg

I'm sorry your dad died. May he rest in peace.

Reactions: GOS
Oh man that's great. Your only the 2nd person I know of that has seen it independently of my presenting it.
My experiences with the works of Mike Jittlov:

- Saw "Fantastic Animation Festival" (WOSAT short, Time Tripper, Swing Shift, and Animato)
- Saw movie "The Wizard of Speed and Time" on TV.
- Got a VHS of Fantastic Animation Festival
- Got a VHS of movie "The Wizard of Speed and Time"
- Found Jittlov's website and downloaded everything.
- Bought the movie DVD mail order last month.

Back