What "LIVE" albums would you ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be released on SURROUND SOUND?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Where is my list in no particular order:

Kiss Alive - originally produced by Eddie Kramer who just did an AWESOME JOB with Hendrix imagine what he could do for this :)

Chicago - Live at Carnegie Hall

Scorpions - World Wide Live

The Who - Live at Leeds/Hull

Yes - Yessongs

ELP - Welcome Back My Friends

Led Zeppelin - 9/29/71 in Japan (Yes I know it's a boot but its one of if not my favorite Zeppelin performances EVER, and yes the whole concert was multi-tracked recorded)

Deep Purple - Made In Japan (Wilson has already done it!!! Come on Blackmore let it happen you A$$HOLE)

All else I can't think of right now, but everyone let's contribute to this discussion ad maybe we can ENCOURAGE the powers that be to release then.

Starting now!!! Let's goooo!!!

Where is my list in no particular order:

Kiss Alive - originally produced by Eddie Kramer who just did an AWESOME JOB with Hendrix imagine what he could do for this :)

Chicago - Live at Carnegie Hall

Scorpions - World Wide Live

The Who - Live at Leeds/Hull

Yes - Yessongs

ELP - Welcome Back My Friends

Led Zeppelin - 9/29/71 in Japan (Yes I know it's a boot but its one of if not my favorite Zeppelin performances EVER, and yes the whole concert was multi-tracked recorded)

Deep Purple - Made In Japan (Wilson has already done it!!! Come on Blackmore let it happen you A$$HOLE)

All else I can't think of right now, but everyone let's contribute to this discussion ad maybe we can ENCOURAGE the powers that be to release then.

Starting now!!! Let's goooo!!!

Yes to Chicago, Yes, and ELP (in that particular order)--would love to hear any of those cleaned up for modern surround!

Deep Purple - Made in Japan always comes to mind when thinking about this issue.
And it is really disturbing to know that it exists and that it was Steven Wilson who did it.
I didn´t know that Blackmore was against this.
After getting the Bluray audio my reaction was that it felt so stupid to include two stereo mixes that were not even so different from each other.

My two favorite live albums of all time are The Who's Live at Leeds and Elton John's 11-17-70. But given the sparse instrumentation on both, combined with the fact that they were both (I think?) recorded on 8-track, maybe they're not the best candidates. (Although taking into consideration what Steven Wilson accomplished with Jethro Tull's 4-track studio debut, I suppose a nice mix might not be impossible.)

Having said that, I would love to hear the following in glorious surround sound:

Peter Gabriel - Plays Live
Dire Straits - Alchemy
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Live 1975/1985
Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus
Warren Zevon - Stand in the Fire
George Michael - Symphonica
Procol Harum - Live with the Edmonton Symphony
Elton John - Live in Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
Billy Joel - Songs in the Attic

Ok, this time if it exists I want it NOW!!!

So, here we go:

Magma Live / Hhai (live 1975)

Live_Hha%C3%AF_Magma.jpg

Ok, this time if it exists I want it NOW!!!

So, here we go:

Magma Live / Hhai (live 1975)

Live_Hha%C3%AF_Magma.jpg
I've just had a look at my double gatefold vinyl LP of that, I bought it in my 2nd year at Uni (and I'm convinced I saw them live sometime 76-77 which made me buy the album, but I can't remember, probably due to the 'follies' of youth!) its also on Disc-1 of the 2012 Charly release Magma Trilogy.

I can't believe I'm drawing a blank here...

My holy grail for live surround recordings was always Live At Pompeii. It found me!
I could start listing Pink Floyd shows that no multitrack or even the live surround mix was ever recorded for... Lots of things I could list that I know don't exist.

ONE live album though?
Um... How about all of them!

Zappa multitracks still exist (at least some of them that Frank didn't tape over as he would do). Frank almost certainly had more surround mixes in the can too. He was a fan. The release formats back then weren't up to his standard. (Although we did get two and then two posthumously.) But the family is imploding so much that we aren't even getting 24 bit masters of the core albums, let alone any live material, let alone anything mixed or remixed to surround!

Back