What "LIVE" albums would you ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be released on SURROUND SOUND?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frampton Comes Alive

Released on DVD-A and SACD by Universal years ago. Not cheap these days, and not a particularly great surround mix by any means, but it does exist.

The Guess Who live at the Paramount

A number of cuts from this album are on the Best Of The Guess Who Vol. II quad mix. Very good mixes- on "Running Back To Saskatoon" the harmony vocal is isolated in the rears. Some have speculated that the whole album was likely mixed to quad and not released. Ditto with So Long Bannatyne.

DIRE STRAITS - ON THE NIGHT, always thought the stereo on this sounded great (must've been mic'd and mixed very well!)
ON THE NIGHT.jpg

Released on DVD-A and SACD by Universal years ago. Not cheap these days, and not a particularly great surround mix by any means, but it does exist.

A number of cuts from this album are on the Best Of The Guess Who Vol. II quad mix. Very good mixes- on "Running Back To Saskatoon" the harmony vocal is isolated in the rears. Some have speculated that the whole album was likely mixed to quad and not released. Ditto with So Long Bannatyne.

Saw Frampton back in the day- 70's, and he put on a great show, buuuutttt, I've got the DVD-A, and always thought the surround sucked big time(n)

Melanie - Ballroom Streets (live in the studio I believe)
Crack the Sky - Live Sky
Lynyrd Skynyrd One More from the Road

Bob Seger - Live Bullet
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
Frank Zappa and the Mothers - Roxy & Elsewhere

The Band - Rock of Ages
MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Four-Way Street
Lou Reed - Rock N Roll Animal
Wings - Wings Over America
Foghat - Live
Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo
UFO - Strangers in the Night

Renaissance - Live at Carnegie Hall
Kinks - One for the Road
Eagles - Live
Mountain - Twin Peaks

Melanie - Ballroom Streets (live in the studio I believe)
Crack the Sky - Live Sky
Lynyrd Skynyrd One More from the Road

Bob Seger - Live Bullet
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
Frank Zappa and the Mothers - Roxy & Elsewhere
The Band - Rock of Ages
MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Four-Way Street
Lou Reed - Rock N Roll Animal
Wings - Wings Over America
Foghat - Live
Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo
UFO - Strangers in the Night

Renaissance - Live at Carnegie Hall
Kinks - One for the Road
Eagles - Live
Mountain - Twin Peaks

Lots of these i would like to hear
but Zappa - Roxy & Elsewhere is released in parts at least ( and with unreleased material ) in 5.1 on BD in "Roxy the movie"
The Band - Rock of ages is released in 5.1 on the DVD-V that came in the box Academy of music 1971

Back