What Music Albums would you like to see remixed into Dolby Atmos?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumX

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I think people would be more interested in posting their hopes and dreams for remixes of Dolby Atmos albums in general, not done by a specific person. so I'm moving my posts from another thread to this one that is just about albums you'd most like to see in Dolby Atmos in the future. If you care to mention what you'd think would be great about it or a specific mixing studio/person you'd like to see do it, by all means, speak your mind.

My List in Progress

All of Yello's entire catalog should be in Atmos....(MSM should do the whole thing; they did a phenomenal job with Point).

Van Halen's 1984. (My favorite album by them with a lot of great hits that would combine synth and guitar parts that could be moved or placed around the room)

Queensyche's Operation Mindcrime (I remember now...I remember how it started...)

Michael Jackson's Thriller (someone sent me an Atmos re-mix of Human Nature they had just mixed to try out on my system and it was amazing)

The first CD I ever purchased, clear back in 1987 was George Harrison's Cloud Nine. I wouldn't mind that in Atmos either.

Madonna's only really good album...True Blue. (Live to Tell with the synths moving around the room would be creepy awesome)

Delerium's Karma (My favorite Delerium album, although it had a controversial change in content due to a legal suit so "Koran" probably would never get an Atmos version)

Enigma's MCMXC a.D (and Viva Le Roi, Le Roi est Mort! also) - My two favorite Enigma albums. The Principles of Lust in particular would be awesome with the Monk chants all around or above

Greatest Hits Atmos Collection Desires (Why do an album when you can get all the artists' best tracks in Atmos at once?)

Joe Satriani's Time Machine (Greatest Hits plus Live collection would get most of his greatest stuff in Atmos)

Duran Duran's Decade (Greatest Hits) (View To A Kill, Rio, Hungry Like A Wolf.... I'd also want Ordinary World added in Atmos as a bonus)

The Car's Greatest Hits (Moving in Stereo might have to be relabeled Moving in Atmos).

Billy Idol's Greatest Hits (Eyes Without A Face, White Wedding, Sweet Sixteen...they'd all be awesome in Atmos)

If you performed a search, You would see we already have a thread about this subject. (y)

I'm not sure what thread you're referring to (and you couldn't be bothered to name it).

I see one about Atmos music specifically on Blu-ray (I assume existing which is where I've been reviewing albums I've purchased. There's one on generic surround desires (not specifically Atmos orientated) and the one I came from that I was told is only about Steven Wilson predictions, not Atmos mixes in general. If there's another one you're referring to, it didn't come up in 5 pages of search results....

These forums seem oddly unfriendly suddenly for having such a friendly reputation. Maybe I'll just post my reviews, etc. somewhere else.

Everything I already have in 5.1 already (too many to mention here) 😂 and all Led Zep, Alice Cooper & Aerosmith titles....is that too much to ask for?😇

I'm not sure what thread you're referring to (and you couldn't be bothered to name it).

That’s probably because I was at work. Fortunately, I have a job and don’t have much time to spare. Believe me.....I realize it takes time and can be a pain in the arse to try and find a specific Thread. I’ll see if I can locate it. I remember it from a couple of years ago. It was a fun Thread started by one of our long time members. Cheers!

Edit: Come to think of it, you’re right! It wasn’t about Dolby Atmos specifically. It was about what albums you’d like to see get the surround treatment. My bad! 😂

Personally, I think there’s so much potential with Dolby Atmos for artists that use keyboards or electronic instruments.

I’d like to see more titles by Yello, Pet Shop Boys, early Duran Duran, Alphaville, Depeche Mode (I know we already have 5.1 mixes but they would be better in Dolby Atmos), The Ocean Blue, The Moody Blues from The Voice onwards, Split Enz, Crowded House, and Squeeze, just to name a few.

Sisters of mercy - Floodland
Leftfield - Leftism
Orbital - Insides
Vangelis - Direct
Talk Talk - Colour of Spring
Eg and Alice - 24 years of hunger
Roger Waters - Amused to death
David Bowie - Station to Station
Acoustic Alchemy - Blue Chip

Tommy- Pinball Wizard. The version on Ode records with the London Symphony and Richard Harris!

Tash Sultana - Terra Firma: such a fantastic new album, would translate super well I think. If you haven't checked out this album, it's pretty phenomenal.

ELO - Time: Of course I want Time remixed in general. It needs it so bad. There's so much compression. God I wish I had industry contacts to get a plea to Jeff Lynn. It's probably ELO's best album in terms of overall concept, flow, songs, lyrics, etc. But there's so much compression that the songs just fall straight flat. A remaster wouldn't do it either. It's in the final mixdown that was sent off for mastering. There's a whole story behind it if you're not aware, and I'm not the best storyteller, but long story short, this is like a dream album to have a stereo remix, a 5.1 remix, and atmos remix.

ELO - Secret Messages: Fairly similar to Time, though there was a remixed version eventually released that did some restoration of the original album to it's original form, but not completely. It was originally supposed to be a double album with a strong concept overall, but it was cut down and changed and the final version was just not great. It's really too bad they didn't do a multichannel mix when it was done.

Alice in Chains - Entire discography... those harmonies flying around in 3D space... holy crap, absolute dream. Could be so menacing.

The Following are probably mostly self explanatory, primarily just very good albums that I think would really translate well. Also, I really LOVE Bowie. ;)
David Bowie - The Man Who Sold the World, or Metrobolist?
David Bowie - Hunky Dory
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
David Bowie - Diamond Dogs
David Bowie - Young Americans
David Bowie - Station to Station
David Bowie - Low
David Bowie - "Heroes"
David Bowie - Lodger
David Bowie - Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)
David Bowie - Lets Dance
David Bowie - Earthling
David Bowie - Reality
David Bowie - The Next Day
David Bowie - Blackstar
ZZ Top - Eliminator
ZZ Top - Afterburner
Rush - Moving Pictures (throw out the old mixes from the few songs already done)
Rush - 2112
Rush - Hemispheres
Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Rush - Permanent Waves (yes, I know the multi-tracks are lost, but a man can dream right?)
Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Rush - Clockwork Angels
Tool - Lateralus
Tool - 10,000 Days
Tool - Fear Inoculum
Depeche Mode - Violator
The Cars - The Cars
The Cars - Heartbeat City
The Cars - Panorama
The Cars - Candy-O
The Cars - Shake it Up
Yes - Close to the Edge
Yes - Relayer
Yes - Fragile
Steely Dan - Aja
Steely Dan - Can't Buy a Thrill
ELO - Out of the Blue
ELO - Eldorado
ELO - A New World Record
ELO -Discovery
ELO - Zoom
ELO - Alone in the Universe
ELO - From out of Nowhere
Pink Floyd - DSoTM
Pink Floyd - WYWH
Pink Floyd - Animals
Pink Floyd - The Wall

There's probably a lot more I'd love to add here, but I've done enough typing.

Back