What Song Was Your First Experience With Quadraphonic/MC?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of great discussion and stories in this thread. It’s too bad the moderator changed my original title from “What song did you lose your quadraphonic/MC virginity to?” It seems to really apply.

And I didn’t know “virginity” was such a bad/inappropriate word. 🧐

It was confusing.

Umm... it was catchy. If it wasn't inappropriate, are we now editing people's grammar (I did end it in a preposition)? LOL, someone would be very busy on these boards if that was the case.

I didn't know what "quadraphonic virginity" was.

Easy one for me, it was the DTS DVD of Eagles Hell Freezes Over in 1999. I had a new Sony 5.1 amp and a modified Sony DVD to make it region free and I had to import the disc myself from the US. I did not connect the equipment correct at first but once done and the blue multichannel light lit up I entered a new sonic universe and I have never looked back since then.

Flash Gordon from Queen's Video Hits was the first time I heard anything in surround. When the laser fire moves across the speakers....love it. Although I need a new one, when I try and select Flash the disc freezes. (it's as if it's trying to tell me something)

I have a story about one of the best albums I have for effects like that.

I bought "The Story of Star Wars" in 1977. It is an LP narration interspersed with scenes from the movie. The effects are superb, coming from all directions.

Here's the interesting part: I was using a QS decoder from way before then until I got a Dolby Surround decoder in 1983. It worked just as well in QS as it does in Dolby Surround.

Back