Quantcast

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
I just heard California is now in lock down. I guess that could be just the beginning. I hope everyone is ok (worldwide, we’re all in this one together!)

If you’ve got nothing much to do and looking for a smallish cheap project to keep you occupied have a look at this DIY project that’s perfect for multichannel enthusiasts:

All done via mail order, hopefully Fedex and/or the postal services are still delivering! Add a USB hard drive and you’re all set to play MCH files, any file, any album, in any sequence. No disc changing!

You may have time to rip and convert your discs too. Plenty of info here on QQ to get you started.

As one of our famous Aussie Football coaches once said: “Don’t think! DO!”

Cibola

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
We did some surge grocery buying this evening but unfortunately I work in a hospital lab so I'm going in tomorrow. They're looking for molecular microbiology tech volunteers and that's close to my specialty.

IMachine

QQ Supporter
In the last three weeks I started to setup Kodi and ripped all my material to flac....an enormous projekt it was.
All is done, beside the SACDs that I cannot rip.
Wow.....this was a good move. Now I can have the playlists that I ever wanted.
I buyed a NUC and have read all instructions and help from HomerJAU.
Thank you very much for that!

And to all of us: Stay safe, be kind to another.....we will come through this!

filper

As things started to shut down around here I hit Home Depot and got everything I need to finally finish the walls in the cave so I am good for a bit. Of course I will be 'surrounded' by some fine tunes while I work. Being retired we have always bought stuff in bulk when it is on sale so we are good for everything. We will be sharing stuff with neighbours who got beaten by the hoarders. Stores and the government really should have stepped up to prevent that shit. Take care world.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Today during my lockdown, going to weed the garden, fix sprinkler, getting delivery of crushed rock and mulch. I re did my back yard about 2 years ago and just starting to look a little shabby. Clean the gutters, continue to chip away at my master bed/bath remodel.
Wife and I are trying to social distance. I still need my freedom and hard to do when in lockdown.
Ripped one DVDA and one CD today, Purchased some blues tunes from HDTracks.
Got to stay positive and have a daily plan, not easy, don't want to get depressed.

PK

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I just heard California is now in lock down. I guess that could be just the beginning. I hope everyone is ok (worldwide, we’re all in this one together!)

If you’ve got nothing much to do and looking for a smallish cheap project to keep you occupied have a look at this DIY project that’s perfect for multichannel enthusiasts:

All done via mail order, hopefully Fedex and/or the postal services are still delivering! Add a USB hard drive and you’re all set to play MCH files, any file, any album, in any sequence. No disc changing!

You may have time to rip and convert your discs too. Plenty of info here on QQ to get you started.

As one of our famous Aussie Football coaches once said: “Don’t think! DO!”
My NUC Project has been resurrected after sitting in a closet for a couple of years! :phones

EagerThoroughDogwoodclubgall-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
My business (veterinary medicine) is considered “essential” (for now), so I’m grateful for that... interestingly, the weed dispensary next door to my hospital is also “essential” (and their business is seriously nuts right now!)

surround.sound.enthusiast

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I wish I still had my own place and still had my sound system set-up. I've got oodles of surround sound albums (recent releases and not) I've been buying over the past few years but am unable to listen too. Under the current circumstances it would have been a great opportunity to get caught up.

Meanwhile, the university I'm enrolled in has closed the dormitories, forcing me out and back to my parents', and are taking the remainder of the semester on-line.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Well since I got back from the USA a couple of weeks ago I have had a rotten cold (another f'ing corona virus), and I thought as I'm feeling better I'll go down to the pub tomorrow and have a few 🍻 (I have an aversion to drinking in the house!) and tonight the government told all the pubs, cafes, restaurants etc. to shut...…..its going to be a long wait now :eek: