• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This multichannel stuff is my current addiction and I expect it to last me untill the end.
Before this it was bicycling. Over the years I built up to riding an occasional 100 mile ride. I was into climbing. Over a 26 mile ride I would climb 6,000 ft. up a mountain.
But I'm an addict so I got crazier & crazier and it finally ended on a high speed downhill. Hit a boulder, flew 30 ft. and landed on my knee, belly, helmet & face (in that order)
So my goal now is to slowly build up my daily bicycling mileage. I can easily spend up to 6 hours a day with this. I ride alone with no human contact
F-U virus.....
View attachment 48426
Nice to know that about you Beefy, I raced amateur for 10 years about 30 races a year, mostly Crits, TT's and long flattish road races. My race weight was 185 so a climber I was not, but i did practice climbing a lot.
I decided to not ride a bike at all a couple months ago to try and undo the forward/curved position of a cyclist. Ride 5.5 hours instead of 6 and take the last 1/2 hour for reverse stretching.
My wife and I went on a 4 mile neighborhood walk today in the nice sunshine and I must admit I was a little jealous of the freedom and escape of the people riding there bikes that I saw.

Beefalo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Nice to know that about you Beefy, I raced amateur for 10 years about 30 races a year, mostly Crits, TT's and long flattish road races. My race weight was 185 so a climber I was not, but i did practice climbing a lot.
I decided to not ride a bike at all a couple months ago to try and undo the forward/curved position of a cyclist. Ride 5.5 hours instead of 6 and take the last 1/2 hour for reverse stretching.
My wife and I went on a 4 mile neighborhood walk today in the nice sunshine and I must admit I was a little jealous of the freedom and escape of the people riding there bikes that I saw.
It's a very tough sport you were into.
If I can get my confidence up I'll move up to the next bike. It's an all Carbon Track bike/fixed gear with a front brake.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
It's a very tough sport you were into.
If I can get my confidence up I'll move up to the next bike. It's an all Carbon Track bike/fixed gear with a front brake.
I have a Bianchi Super Pista 57cm track bike, single speed, no brakes I am trying to give away, great shape i think it is a 2016. I spent a few hours on the track also. One of my friends is the 2019 world Champion for one of the events in the world championship, Manchester England I think.

Beefalo

QQ Supporter
I have a Bianchi Super Pista 57cm track bike, single speed, no brakes I am trying to give away, great shape i think it is a 2016. I spent a few hours on the track also. One of my friends is the 2019 world Champion for one of the events in the world championship, Manchester England I think.
Bianchi that's a great one.
I had an aluminum Cinelli Mash but it killed my back.

PK

600 Club - QQ All-Star
This multichannel stuff is my current addiction and I expect it to last me untill the end.
Before this it was bicycling. Over the years I built up to riding an occasional 100 mile ride. I was into climbing. Over a 26 mile ride I would climb 6,000 ft. up a mountain.
But I'm an addict so I got crazier & crazier and it finally ended on a high speed downhill. Hit a boulder, flew 30 ft. and landed on my knee, belly, helmet & face (in that order)
So my goal now is to slowly build up my daily bicycling mileage. I can easily spend up to 6 hours a day with this. I ride alone with no human contact
F-U virus.....
View attachment 48426
Nice ride Mr. B! (y)I haven't ridden in a couple of months due to knee issues...terrible timing:confused:

Cibola

Some good news. We had a lab meeting yesterday. A few people have had mild cold symptoms and one of our CLS (Med Tech) called employee health and asked if we could get an infrared thermometer to monitor ourselves. They asked why and she mentioned the fellow who tested positive for Covid and that she has had sore throat for about a week. They called her in to be tested and it resulted negative. Wife at home with daughter is somewhat relieved. Still no TP or paper towels at the grocery store on my way home from work today. Picked up lots of nice looking veggies though. We're going to grill bratwurst on the weekend.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Trying to turn things around as I feel like I am in prison. I have always had structure in my life but that structure involved lots of moving pieces and the big three where work, gym and home. Now it is only home which is a challenge, not to mention countless little random activities, eating out, movies, friends and family.
I am trying today to start a morning routine that includes breakfast, catching up on things and QQ, leave at 10:00 for 1.5 hour of different walking excersizes come home and do a 15min or so stretching routine, shower, lunch, walk around house see if anything needs fixing, afternoon music listening, another little walk, dinner/movie with wife watch my audiophile YouTube videos, bed.
Sorry, it must seem I am too consumed with myself, and I probably am but trying to turn it around.
Going to call Blood Bank to donate, that at least seems like a worthwhile activity. Volunteer at food bank but they are keeping volunteers to a minimum.
Speaking of Bicycles: San Mateo County in part of there list of rules, bike riding outside needs to be kept to no more than 5 miles from your house, geez, 5 miles takes about 20-30 mins, guess that is another activity that is running around in circles.

privateuniverse

So, I figured I needed some other outlet besides binging Netflix.... I used to do a show on a college radio station. With the campus being deserted, the radio station needed new original broadcasts. The general manager of the station invited me back. So for the time being, I am back on the air Fridays from 5 - 6:30 PM EST. (I am producing the show from home.) Anyone who is interested can stream online at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream

My first episode will feature music from Steven Wilson, David Ford, Tommy Keene, Pat Metheny, Michael Kawinuka, Joe Jackson, Rush, The Who, David Bowie, Prince, Stevie Wonder, Robyn Hitchcock and more.

It starts two minutes from now!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
So, I figured I needed some other outlet besides binging Netflix.... I used to do a show on a college radio station. With the campus being deserted, the radio station needed new original broadcasts. The general manager of the station invited me back. So for the time being, I am back on the air Fridays from 5 - 6:30 PM EST. (I am producing the show from home.) Anyone who is interested can stream online at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream

My first episode will feature music from Steven Wilson, David Ford, Tommy Keene, Pat Metheny, Michael Kawinuka, Joe Jackson, Rush, The Who, David Bowie, Prince, Stevie Wonder, Robyn Hitchcock and more.

It starts two minutes from now!
BEST Chocolate Cake I ever had! Thanks for the link!!! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Heading out to pick up some prescriptions--it is hoped! Really enjoyed the last 50 minutes!!! Keep us posted!!! Now I have something to look forward to next Friday . . . it is Friday, right? Peace

Last edited:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Eh....my mom, who is 83...asked me to go to the store and get her some yeast. Nope...not happening. Store hasn't had yeast for 2 weeks. They told me that the local church's are buying all the yeast. Um........I don't even want to know. What the mother fuck???

privateuniverse

BEST Chocolate Cake I ever had! Thanks for the link!!! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Heading out to pick up some prescriptions--it is hoped! Really enjoyed the last 50 minutes!!! Keep us posted!!! Now I have something to look forward to next Friday . . . it is Friday, right? Peace
Yes, for the foreseeable future, my show will air Fridays from 5 PM - 6:30 PM EST. I will also be investigating archiving options. In the old days I had it available as an iTunes podcast. Will see if I can make that happen again.

Thanks for listening!

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Made Struan Bread yesterday, as almost impossible to get store bought lately.
I make my own baguettes. Bought a baguette tray from Amazon US years ago. Nothing quite like crunchy bread. My weakness is a kransky with French mustard wrapped in a warm crunchy baguette. (Homer drool...)

I’ve also got a SFO sour dough culture in the fridge and some frozen. I usually make whole wheat sour dough cob loaves.

Group builder