• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Beefalo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I make my own baguettes. Bought a baguette tray from Amazon US years ago. Nothing quite like crunchy bread. My weakness is a kransky with French mustard wrapped in a warm crunchy baguette. (Homer drool...)

I’ve also got a SFO sour dough culture in the fridge and some frozen. I usually make whole wheat sour dough cob loaves.
That sounded good so I had to look it up:
(Australia) A Slovenian-style sausage.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I make my own baguettes. Bought a baguette tray from Amazon US years ago. Nothing quite like crunchy bread. My weakness is a kransky with French mustard wrapped in a warm crunchy baguette. (Homer drool...)

I’ve also got a SFO sour dough culture in the fridge and some frozen. I usually make whole wheat sour dough cob loaves.
We used to have these things here in the states about 10-15 years ago (or more) that were called "Australian Toaster Biscuits" I loved those damn things, they were like an English muffin but a little sweeter (maybe honey added). But they stopped making them. I'll need to find the recipe on line for those, 'cause I've seen it a while back. :unsure: Hardest thing to find now is Bread Flour and yeast packets. I just ordered a 1 pound container of yeast. Planning on doing a lot of baking, I'm addicted to bread products, guess there's worse things to be addicted to.

Cibola

I'm now officially off from work for nine days, I thought the supervisor might cancel my time off but he didn't. I've been doing the grocery shopping after leaving work (N95 mask, gloves, sanitizing wipes) and still can't get TP or paper towels but we've been conserving our resources. The M.D. fellow who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 will be back at work on Monday. He did not need to be admitted and stayed at home after he developed symptoms. Missing Mr. Withers. Edit: We had planned to RV camp in the Olympic National Park starting yesterday but had to cancel, can't complain, have plenty to do here.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I really loved the bread recipes, I sent one to my wife and she said "Do you want me to make?" I said sure, something to do right?, need to see if we can get rations at the store.
Well, today is another day and still in good health. I answer a survey every morning on my OURA app to UCSF, a couple questions about how do I feel, my temperature, etc. Anything I can do to help someone figure out this thing.
Speaking of anything I can do to help, if you need to talk, PM me. I know we are all supposed to be positive but it is hard, especially if, like me, having ending this coming week of what was a 3 week shelter in place now turning into a 7 week shelter in place.
It is clear to me now that really this is the only way to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Today I start wearing a cowboy scarf over my face, going to be fun when I go on my walk pretending to be that cowboy bandit I always wanted to be.
Speaking of walks, I do a 4 mile, 1.5 hour walk up and down two times on this little hill called Sugarloaf Peak near my house, no driving.
People are so freaked out about keeping the distance between, when I was coming down the path, two separate occasions the person coming up jumped into the poison oak, I said" you know you just jumped in Poison Oak, the first person said, I know but I'd rather get Poison Oak then COVID, h'mm, I won't be jumping in Poison Oak, but I will wear my bandanna and hold my breath as I walk by.
I have 15 single layer SHM SACD's to finish ripping today, finish my little touch up painting project, the post that holds the mail box rotted and ready to fall over. Looks like someone is looking out for me and giving me little projects to do.
Thanks for letting me be me. :)

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I really loved the bread recipes, I sent one to my wife and she said "Do you want me to make?" I said sure, something to do right?, need to see if we can get rations at the store.
Well, today is another day and still in good health. I answer a survey every morning on my OURA app to UCSF, a couple questions about how do I feel, my temperature, etc. Anything I can do to help someone figure out this thing.
Speaking of anything I can do to help, if you need to talk, PM me. I know we are all supposed to be positive but it is hard, especially if, like me, having ending this coming week of what was a 3 week shelter in place now turning into a 7 week shelter in place.
It is clear to me now that really this is the only way to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Today I start wearing a cowboy scarf over my face, going to be fun when I go on my walk pretending to be that cowboy bandit I always wanted to be.
Speaking of walks, I do a 4 mile, 1.5 hour walk up and down two times on this little hill called Sugarloaf Peak near my house, no driving.
People are so freaked out about keeping the distance between, when I was coming down the path, two separate occasions the person coming up jumped into the poison oak, I said" you know you just jumped in Poison Oak, the first person said, I know but I'd rather get Poison Oak then COVID, h'mm, I won't be jumping in Poison Oak, but I will wear my bandanna and hold my breath as I walk by.
I have 15 single layer SHM SACD's to finish ripping today, finish my little touch up painting project, the post that holds the mail box rotted and ready to fall over. Looks like someone is looking out for me and giving me little projects to do.
Thanks for letting me be me. :)
I guess the big thing now is folks making picnic tables for squirrels & 🐿, thing is, as a gardener, squirrels are one of the last things I want to see! They are like cute little rats that eat everything. But hey, wildlife’s gotta eat too right?

1586015354325.jpeg

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
For anyone interested in gardening this year, here's a tomato variety I've grown many times (I've grown hundreds of varieties of tomatoes.)
This one's called a Pink Berkeley Tie Dye by Brad Gates, a much better producer than his regular Berkeley Tie Dye IMO.

Speaking of garden pests, my garden nemesis for my tomatoes is the Mockingbird; the little devils are smart as hell and love a nice red tomato, so up goes the bird netting. One way to defeat the birds from eating your tomatoes is to grow other colors like green etc. I like a good acidic tomato (acidity was grown out of grocery store tomatoes, that's why they taste so bland) Some good green ones are Green Grape, Lime Green Salad, Green Zebra and Aunt Ruby's German Green (there are many more.)

Check out the gold striping in this Pink Berkeley Tie Dye I grew a few years go.

PBTD.JPG

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
For anyone interested in gardening this year, here's a tomato variety I've grown many times (I've grown hundreds of varieties of tomatoes.)
This one's called a Pink Berkeley Tie Dye by Brad Gates, a much better producer than his regular Berkeley Tie Dye IMO.

Speaking of garden pests, my garden nemesis for my tomatoes is the Mockingbird; the little devils are smart as hell and love a nice red tomato, so up goes the bird netting. One way to defeat the birds from eating your tomatoes is to grow other colors like green etc. I like a good acidic tomato (acidity was grown out of grocery store tomatoes, that's why they taste so bland) Some good green ones are Green Grape, Lime Green Salad, Green Zebra and Aunt Ruby's German Green (there are many more.)

Check out the gold striping in this Pink Berkeley Tie Dye I grew a few years go.

View attachment 48717.
You are certainly a Renaissance Man. The tomato almost looks fake, never seen one before.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

View attachment 48717

I LOVE TOMATOES!!! I hardly have any space at all for maters. I have a single spot behind my garage, that gets full sun all day long. And, it gets the runoff rain from the roof. It seems, whatever I grew last year...the maters had pretty bad splits. What causes that pup? I need some pointers!

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I LOVE TOMATOES!!! I hardly have any space at all for maters. I have a single spot behind my garage, that gets full sun all day long. And, it gets the runoff rain from the roof. It seems, whatever I grew last year...the maters had pretty bad splits. What causes that pup? I need some pointers!
That's easy, too much water!
They need a lot less water than you would imagine. Even on hot days when they wilt in the hot sun, it's just the plant relaxing to avoid the rays, doesn't necessarily mean they need water. The soil (and it's mostly about good fresh well amended soil!) should just be slightly damp to the touch not wet. The less water you give them, the more intense and better the flavors come out. Gettin' that nice acidic Umami tomato flavor is the ultimate taste experience.
They like as much sun as they can get. I've had some plants that grew to 10 feet tall. They are considered heavy feeders and like a nicely balanced compost (mushroom compost is a good one, just not too much chicken manure added.) Make sure you add some organic garden lime, makes the calcium and magnesium in the soil available to the tomato plants, to avoid the dreaded blossom end-rot. They like a soil ph of about 6.0-7.0.
Good to only water in about once or twice a week; and put a mulch on the soil under the plants like straw or pine needles to avoid splashing soil born diseases onto the leaves.

jefe1

Hey pupster thanks for the tomato tips!
We like growing them too currently have some Momotaro variety sprouting from seeds ready to go. I like the heirloom varieties like purple Cherokee and the zebras. Hell any heirloom type tastes better than store bought
Where can I find the Berkeley type you showed us?

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hey pupster thanks for the tomato tips!
We like growing them too currently have some Momotaro variety sprouting from seeds ready to go. I like the heirloom varieties like purple Cherokee and the zebras. Hell any heirloom type tastes better than store bought
Where can I find the Berkeley type you showed us?
Here you go, just about all of Brad's tomatoes are awesome, he's spent years breeding these various varieties.

Philip Spinner

I used to have problems with birds creating a nuisance. Mockingbirds eating everything juicy. I surrendered and started feeding the mocking birds raisins. Now they leave everything alone. Same thing with woodpeckers. They used to hammer on the house and gutters all the time. I started giving them a steady supply of peanuts and now they are not a bother anymore.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Thanks Pupster just had a look. I'm in socal so it will have to be seeds for me. I may pick a pack or two but your Berkeleys are not in the current line up.
He may be out of the Pink BTD seeds because it's a popular plant for those growing the more adventurous stuff. Also I believe he moved in the last two years out of the Napa area to here in the Sacramento area (probably land values and leases were getting too rich for his grow spots.) I'm not real sure about his current overall business situation right now.

There are other sources out there for those seeds as they've been around for a number of years now (just do a Google search.)
Here's one: Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye Tomato

Check out some of Brad's photos...