• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Living the high life..Bungalow Ranch Style. SoCal
California has thus far done an admirable job staying on top of the crisis, so hopefully this is not a premature move.
SoCal did a very poor job this last weekend. The beaches were packed. Almost no masks/scarves.
They are probably going to close the beaches again....

PK

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Just for clarification, the City of Los Angeles as well as the County of Los Angeles appear to have achieved pretty good public compliance with the Governor's directive to stay at home, socially distance and not gather on the beach. The primary beach issue occurred south of Los Angeles in Orange County. This is where local officials shirked their responsibilities to enforce the stay at home order which resulted in people gathering on the sand. Subsequently, legal action has been taken by local officials in Orange County against the State of California. That said it appears that law enforcement in Orange County are now preventing the public from gathering on the sand.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Man that looks good! Share the recipe? Please?
This is our first try; it's very good (enjoying some right now actually with Sunny Paris fried eggs), but not exactly where I want it. Currently it's sort of like something between an English muffin and hard tack. I'm shooting for- a cross between a crumpet and an English muffin. We slightly adjusted a recipe we found online; but it had awful instructions. So we need to make a more workable recipe that has a clear work flow.
These are actually griddled on a heavy iron griddle, not baked!
I will post an improved recipe when we have it cleaned up though.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
What am I doing? Dreaming about a massive Sabbath box set. Every Ozzy era album...carefully remastered......in 96/24 stereo, and then a brand new mix by Eliott Scheiner! Yes, I want a 100 page book, with dozens of unseen pictures, stories, etc. And, I want no less than 5 of Sabbath's BEST live shows, outtakes, etc.

I would surely slice off a nut or 2 for this. Damn yes I would.

The56Kid

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
What am I doing? Dreaming about a massive Sabbath box set. Every Ozzy era album...carefully remastered......in 96/24 stereo, and then a brand new mix by Eliott Scheiner! Yes, I want a 100 page book, with dozens of unseen pictures, stories, etc. And, I want no less than 5 of Sabbath's BEST live shows, outtakes, etc.

I would surely slice off a nut or 2 for this. Damn yes I would.
You only have 2, Gene - be careful what you wish for!

Philip Spinner

Well a couple days ago I decided to consume some food that was gathering in my fridge. Wound up with a bit of food poisoning or something. Shit spinning around and not in a good way. Check your food everybody and don't be a jerk like me.
While recuperating in bed I started reading some interesting things about this virus. Seems that some in Europe are experimenting with taking samples of wastewater. I wondered why it took so long. The virus is in our stools and urine and with the proper testing from various pumping stations and manholes they can isolate the virus to a specific neighbohhood. Sounds promising.

privateuniverse

This week's episode of Chocolate Cake will feature 90 minutes of music from David Bowie. It'll be all deep cuts. You can stream it online at the station's website. (Or listen at 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.) It's on from 5 PM to 6:30 PM EST. (20 minutes after the time of this post.)

hobie1dog

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
North Carolina deaths are up to over 500 now, infections on the rise but they're going to start opening things up as most of the rest of the country is. my wife replaced the bad section of coax for the HF rig. I found a really nice quality 25 ft of coax on eBay, (nice PL-259 connectors installed too) and she ripped out all of the old and put in the new piece. And weather-tight the connections outside with some waterproof tape that I bought at the Dayton Hamvention back 7 years ago, I finally got to use it.

weekendtoy

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Right now, still cold at night in North Carolina. USA

Can't wait for the summer!!!!!!!

Die Coronavirus, Die!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
I still have a couple of piles of snow in my back yard. This morning I drove my motorcycle to work in 27F temps. I'm not sure you know what cold is, unless cold is a relative term :) 🥶

Last edited:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Laszlo as Jackie Daytona paying off vampire Mark Hamill with a Big Mouth Billy talking Bass - thought I'd lose it;
the laughs were flowing like a double pierced jugular :ROFLMAO:
web_detailhero_series_dsktp_what-we-do-in-the-shadows_1280x600.jpg

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Eh........what? Clearly, I don't watch enough "TV" lol
An FX comedy about Vampires:

Based on the feature film of the same name from Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi, "What We Do in the Shadows" is a documentary-style look into the daily (or rather, nightly) lives of four vampires who've "lived" together for hundreds of years in Staten Island. The self-appointed leader of the group is Nandor the Relentless, a great warrior and conqueror from the Ottoman Empire. Then there's the British vampire Laszlo -- a bit of a rogue and a dandy and a fop, he might say. He's a lover of mischief and a great soirée, but not as much as he loves seeing Nandor fail miserably in every attempt. And then there's Nadja: the seductress, the temptress, the vampiric Bonnie to Laszlo's Clyde. Also cohabiting in the vampire household is Guillermo, Nandor's familiar; and Colin Robinson, an energy vampire and day-walker of sorts -- he feasts on humans, but not on their blood.