• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
An FX comedy about Vampires:

Based on the feature film of the same name from Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi, "What We Do in the Shadows" is a documentary-style look into the daily (or rather, nightly) lives of four vampires who've "lived" together for hundreds of years in Staten Island. The self-appointed leader of the group is Nandor the Relentless, a great warrior and conqueror from the Ottoman Empire. Then there's the British vampire Laszlo -- a bit of a rogue and a dandy and a fop, he might say. He's a lover of mischief and a great soirée, but not as much as he loves seeing Nandor fail miserably in every attempt. And then there's Nadja: the seductress, the temptress, the vampiric Bonnie to Laszlo's Clyde. Also cohabiting in the vampire household is Guillermo, Nandor's familiar; and Colin Robinson, an energy vampire and day-walker of sorts -- he feasts on humans, but not on their blood.
Cool! To be totally honest, I do NOT watch TV. AT all. OK, so....I watch cooking shows......sports as it relates to teams I care about. Nothing else. Zip, nada...zilch............

privateuniverse

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'm on the air right now until 6:30 PM EST with music from Guided By Voices, Noah Gundersen, The Jayhawks, Massive Attack, Joni Mitchell, Jukebox the Ghost, Graham Parker, The Kinks, Rhett Miller, Ray LaMontagne, Josh Joplin Group, Marvin Gaye, The Innocence Mission, Liam Finn, The Jam, Keane, Len Price 3, Glen Phillips and Bruce Springsteen. 88.1 FM (in central Connecticut) or online at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream. :)

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I'm on the air right now until 6:30 PM EST with music from Guided By Voices, Noah Gundersen, The Jayhawks, Massive Attack, Joni Mitchell, Jukebox the Ghost, Graham Parker, The Kinks, Rhett Miller, Ray LaMontagne, Josh Joplin Group, Marvin Gaye, The Innocence Mission, Liam Finn, The Jam, Keane, Len Price 3, Glen Phillips and Bruce Springsteen. 88.1 FM (in central Connecticut) or online at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream. :)

Listening now! :)

hobie1dog

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I boxed up my Sequerra Met-7 speakers to send to my brother-in-law in Reno for him to use as nearfield monitors in his ham radio shack. Moved the B&W 601 speakers from the surround position in the stereo room back into the bedroom system as surround speakers. I'm looking for another set of Def Tech towers to come up on the classified sites for my surround speakers in the stereo room.,,,that way all 8 speakers will be the same brand.

I finished reading all 50 Proofs on the www.GodIsImaginary.com site for the second time.

Went for a short powerchair ride but the pollen was too bad.

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Living the high life..Bungalow Ranch Style. SoCal
I'm looking for another set of Def Tech towers to come up on the classified sites for my surround speakers in the stereo room.,,,that way all 8 speakers will be the same brand.
Picked up a pair of Def. Tech. bp10 for my surrounds. Incredible bass response for 6.5" drivers.

privateuniverse

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'm on the air right now until 6:30 PM EST with music from Badly Drawn Boy, The Lickerish Quartet (a great new band featuring three former members of Jellyfish), Adam Schmitt, The Psychedelic Furs, Supertramp, Procol Harum, The Mutton Birds, Laurie Anderson, Secret Powers, Squeeze, Split Enz, Matthew Sweet, Rockpile, The Replacements, REM, Lou Reed, Raspberries and Psychodots. . 88.1 FM (in central Connecticut) or online at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream. :)

http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Playing Momma Pollinator this morning on my Tomato plants.

The Bees, Flies, etc. don't bother with the Tomatoes much, and these Heirloom Tomatoes can be stingy with fruiting anyway.
So I use an old trick, take a vibrating (side to side-old one, used and cheap) electric toothbrush and hold at the side of the blossoms, it simulates the rapid flapping of Bee's wings and will distribute the pollen.
This one's called a Goose Creek.

Toms Pollinator.jpg

hobie1dog

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
1. televideo conference with doctor to discuss going to a pain management doctor. Like the quote- "Chronic pain: It will never kill you though you pray it would, and secondly it will always be minimized because you look too good to be that bad
2. installed 1 more wire management duct on the rear of the top shelf of the audio rack where everything plugs into the power center. I hate rats nest of wires. We moved into this condo 3 years ago and the stereo room still isn't finished.:(
3. Watched hours of adventure bike touring videos on Youtube. It's the only way I'll ever see the rest of the world.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
1. televideo conference with doctor to discuss going to a pain management doctor. Like the quote- "Chronic pain: It will never kill you though you pray it would, and secondly it will always be minimized because you look too good to be that bad
2. installed 1 more wire management duct on the rear of the top shelf of the audio rack where everything plugs into the power center. I hate rats nest of wires. We moved into this condo 3 years ago and the stereo room still isn't finished.:(
3. Watched hours of adventure bike touring videos on Youtube. It's the only way I'll ever see the rest of the world.
So sorry to hear that...chronic pain has been ruling my life since January...it takes too many hours off of my day for me to be a "normal" productive member of society (no 8 hr workday for me anymore)...I also "suffer" from looking too good to be in chronic pain, and my "cheery attitude" does not help, but then if you are miserable on top of being in a LOT OF PAIN it´s even worse!
Take care!!!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Clean my Room!
E369154C-08EF-444D-9C26-749256B17383_1_201_a.jpeg
27F343BB-67DF-4832-8F59-9C6BF321F02B_1_201_a.jpeg
A91E4D74-347E-4E09-A568-B8228853A8CE_1_201_a.jpeg

i found some surround discs and box sets that i forgot i had! i can only imagine how much MORE i might have if i were still drinking!

2 unopened copies of Marillion Misplaced Childhood (it was released on my birthday three years ago; maybe that's why i bought 3 copies?!)
1 unopened copy of Temple of the Dog
1 unopened copy of Gong Love From Planet Gong (The Virgin Years 1793-1975)
1 unopened copy of Eric Clapton Give Me Strength The '74/'75 Recordings
1 unopened copy of Rush A Farewell to Kings (40th Anniversary Limited Edition Super Deluxe)
3 unopened copies of Miles Davis Sketches of Spain
2 unopened copies of Dave Grusin Presents West Side Story
1 unopened copy of Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction (Super Deluxe Edition)
3 unopened copies of Jen Chapin Revisions The Songs of Stevie Wonder

and there's more that are opened! I seriously have NO idea how and why I have so many of these, but I am looking to sell them so I can pay for a therapist!