Quantcast

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Last night at around midnight I was chasing a mouse around the hallway and kitchen with a stick, boy are those varmints fast! It got away :mad:
The council's pest control (extermination department) are coming this afternoon that'll teach the little critter I hate meeces to pieces!
One whole sachet of critter killer has vanished over night, and another has been chewed into to! :devilish:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Man, I haven't seen a mouse in our house for litterally years! We do get some crickets and other creepy crawlies in our basement though.
This is the first time ever in my life I have had mice in the house, and that includes all the tips I lived in as a student! The mess they leave is horrendous and they can carry the same diseases as rats. They can get through a 5mm hole, basically so long as their skull will fit they can get through! The pest control guy thinks he has found the a hole in the concrete floor of what was an outside toilet and they are getting through that and then under the floorboards.

The Bushmaster

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Tomcat glue boards. We call them "sticky pads". Not only stop the mouse problems, but even the creepy crawlies.

Placed in strategic locations about the house and checked often. I live in the country and it is almost impossible to keep them out. Bugs, spiders, mice and other floor crawlers. Make sure your Rumba can't get to them though.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
OK since we're talking pests, (we no longer have a cat for clean-up) during certain high activity periods of incoming pests, usually from small openings at the bottom of doors and around drain pipes, I put out those little roach motel sticky traps under sinks and on either side of the doors. They do a great job! I'm talking little bugs like Spiders, Roaches, Beatles and these hairy devils called "House Centipedes." The House Centipede is a super predator and will hunt down and kill those other critters, but imagine you wake up in the middle of the night and it's hanging from the ceiling right over your head :eek: They can get about 6 inches long and move really fast also.

----------------
housecentipede.jpg

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
One whole sachet of critter killer has vanished over night, and another has been chewed into to! :devilish:
I just discovered they have eaten another one, so 2 and a bit gone so far. The pest control guy said one sachet could kill 3 large rats, so I wonder how many mice are equivalent to one large rat!

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I just discovered they have eaten another one, so 2 and a bit gone so far. The pest control guy said one sachet could kill 3 large rats, so I wonder how many mice are equivalent to one large rat!
They are toast; but if they're in your walls... you'll soon have that pleasant decomp. smell permeating the house 🐭🙅‍♂️🤢

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
They are toast; but if they're in your walls... you'll soon have that pleasant decomp. smell permeating the house 🐭🙅‍♂️🤢
I doubt if they've got through the damp proof course into the wall, but they're under the floorboards!

So the million dollar question is the smell of decaying mouse under the floor worse than a carpet and chairs covered in mouse poo, and I suspect they have run all over my vinyl collection as well :mad:

May be it time for
1599170274862.png

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
So the million dollar question is the smell of decaying mouse under the floor worse than a carpet and chairs covered in mouse poo, and I suspect they have run all over my vinyl collection as well
We had a large possum in our underfloor heating ducts in our previous house. Eventually it died and the smell was horrendous.

Cost about $1k to get a hole cut in the house wall to get under the floor, possum removed (it was bigger than our toy poodle), duct replaced, hole repaired and new renderIng on outside wall.

Sonik Wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
It was a perfect weather sun shiny day in Kansas yesterday:
SUNFLOWERS 2.jpg

And my granddaughters are the most beautiful flowers in the field:
FLOWERS GIRLS 2.jpg

Masks in the car of course but we took some liberties out the fresh air. Went to a cheese specialty shop then take out Subway sandwiches. Family get together's are pretty rare now days so this was extra fun.

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I doubt if they've got through the damp proof course into the wall, but they're under the floorboards!

So the million dollar question is the smell of decaying mouse under the floor worse than a carpet and chairs covered in mouse poo, and I suspect they have run all over my vinyl collection as well :mad:

May be it time for
View attachment 55898
Try putting a little bit of Vick’s VapoRub under your nostrils. It’s a trick an EMT taught me during a first aid training class.

Doug G.

It was a perfect weather sun shiny day in Kansas yesterday:
View attachment 55925

And my granddaughters are the most beautiful flowers in the field:
View attachment 55926

Masks in the car of course but we took some liberties out the fresh air. Went to a cheese specialty shop then take out Subway sandwiches. Family get together's are pretty rare now days so this was extra fun.
Gosh, aren't you deathly afraid of your granddaughters catching all that virus lurking in all those sunflowers?

Doug

Sonik Wiz

QQ Supporter
Gosh, aren't you deathly afraid of your granddaughters catching all that virus lurking in all those sunflowers?

Doug
The virus? Not so much. I coulda shoulda but didn't anticipate there would be many, many bees around. It's associated with a local honey producer.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm on the air right now. This week we've got new music from Psychedelic Furs, Paul Weller, Matthew Grimm, The Pineapple Thief, Dawes and Emma Swift; new archival releases from Tears For Fears, David Bowie and Prince; plus tunes from The Finn Brothers, The Police, Frank Zappa, Tommy Keene and Steely Dan.

5 PM - 6:30 PM EST at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.