Quantcast

What to do while in Lock Down (CV Isolation).

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Soundfield

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Unfortunately, it seems that they still get their pound of flesh on every purchase:

8.23%
The minimum combined 2020 sales tax rate for Ava, Missouri is 8.23%. This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates. The Missouri sales tax rate is currently 4.23%. The County sales tax rate is 2%.

Well, at least you don't have to open the window every few miles to throw money out like we do here in NJ. 🤣
Hilarious! You guys aren't even really being taxed at all! Here in the UK VAT is 20% and that's after hefty Income Tax, National Insurance and Capital Gains Tax (to name a few). Not that it really bothers me, in fact I'd happily pay more if it really meant better infrastructure and services.

Good for you, Sonik Wiz...
And not good for anybody what you just wrote in these very dangerous times at your side of the planet. Hopefully not too many think like you. And those who do, I wish they keep their opinions equating freedom to possession of arms (not to mention the very untimely reference to a "much needed practice") out of this forum. Thank you.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hilarious! You guys aren't even really being taxed at all! Here in the UK VAT is 20% and that's after hefty Income Tax, National Insurance and Capital Gains Tax (to name a few). Not that it really bothers me, in fact I'd happily pay more if it really meant better infrastructure and services.
That's the real rub isn't it....it's one thing to pay higher levels of taxation....but to NOT receive better infrastructure and services is the "punch in the gut" that is all too familiar no matter where you live😏

Sonik Wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I'm on the air right now. This week we've got music from Keith Emerson, Patrick Moraz, The Bevis Frond, Matthew Grimm, Tears For Fears, George Michael, Mike Oldfield, Matthew Sweet, Lou Reed and King Crimson.

5 PM - 6:30 PM EST at http://radio.wesleyan.edu:8000/stream or 88.1 FM if you're in central Connecticut.
Wow the Epic Track of the Week really was! I had heard The House of Ocean probably only once, years ago. But it sounded so familiar as it played along. Sorry that I listened to itr just on PC speakers. But now, I am exhausted anyway.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Still in lock down here sadly. 😣
But tomorrow is the day for more Mando
-wonder what’s she’s listening to on those headphones

:LB:dance:LB

So...when you say lockdown, exactly what does that mean for you? Here in Illinois, most, if not all restaurants are now serving inside with strategically placed tables, etc. I personally do not go to them, but many do. Yep, I go to grocery stores, in full mask, always distancing. Wash hands.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So...when you say lockdown, exactly what does that mean for you? Here in Illinois, most, if not all restaurants are now serving inside with strategically placed tables, etc. I personally do not go to them, but many do. Yep, I go to grocery stores, in full mask, always distancing. Wash hands.
I stay home - only go out for walks in the neighborhood.

The Covid is picking up steam again, cases are rising, folks came out too early, this isn’t over by a long shot!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I stay home - only go out for walks in the neighborhood.

The Covid is picking up steam again, cases are rising, folks came out too early, this isn’t over by a long shot!
Oh, I know it's rising. No doubt. My job doesn't always allow me to stay home, but I still have a lot of flexibility. I'm lucky, honestly, compared to most who have to go to an office every day...or whatever. For sure, I'm still pretty paranoid, I don't want to get it....don't want to be a spreader. I have multiple reasons for my paranoia, but they are real and matter to me. I'm doing my best, with the hand I've been dealt.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Oh, I know it's rising. No doubt. My job doesn't always allow me to stay home, but I still have a lot of flexibility. I'm lucky, honestly, compared to most who have to go to an office every day...or whatever. For sure, I'm still pretty paranoid, I don't want to get it....don't want to be a spreader. I have multiple reasons for my paranoia, but they are real and matter to me. I'm doing my best, with the hand I've been dealt.
Understand, we do what we can, I’m retired, so I can do this, as long as we’re all mindful of the risks and act accordingly.
It’s not an easy situation for sure, and then places like NOLA get hit with Hurricanes- thoughts are with folks like the Kap’n who really might have hard decisions.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
What to do? Well, I'm trying to print a freaking email from Menards, so that I can go pick up some stuff. The email includes a barcode (I can see it!!), but when I print it, it's missing. Only happens with Menards for shit sake. What the fuck? I've searched and searched...and find nothing.

I tried different browsers, nada. Has anyone else had this problem?

That said, I also have an email from Kohls. Another barcode....can't see it when I print. But...but....Kohls email has an option to view email in browser. When I do that, and print..there it is!! Menards doesn't give option to view email in browser.

It all seems so damn silly to me. Why won't it work?

ar surround

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
What to do? Well, I'm trying to print a freaking email from Menards, so that I can go pick up some stuff. The email includes a barcode (I can see it!!), but when I print it, it's missing. Only happens with Menards for shit sake. What the fuck? I've searched and searched...and find nothing.

That said, I also have an email from Kohls. Another barcode....can't see it when I print. But...but....Kohls email has an option to view email in browser. When I do that, and print..there it is!! Menards doesn't give option to view email in browser.

Can you try taking a screen shot of the email and then printing that out?

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

Can you right click on the Bar Code and see what it is exactly?

Saw this on a Google search (but yours seems like something else.):

Why is my printer not printing barcodes?
Users have reported that some printers can not print barcodes on their documents. ... This problem is caused by your printer not having a postscript driver available. Postscript is a printing language used by a wide range of printer manufacturers.Jul 4, 2019

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Can you right click on the Bar Code and see what it is exactly?

Saw this on a Google search (but yours seems like something else.):

Why is my printer not printing barcodes?
Users have reported that some printers can not print barcodes on their documents. ... This problem is caused by your printer not having a postscript driver available. Postscript is a printing language used by a wide range of printer manufacturers.Jul 4, 2019
See what it is? :) I don't have to right click to see what it is. Though, I'm sure you meant something else. If I right click, I get the usual "open image in new tab" sort of stuff.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So, here a real odd deal. It occured to me I could view that same email on my iphone, print it. And....there is the barcode. It's pretty bad (maybe good) that a silly iphone can print it perfectly, yet all my laptops, various browsers...cannot.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So, here a real odd deal. It occured to me I could view that same email on my iphone, print it. And....there is the barcode. It's pretty bad (maybe good) that a silly iphone can print it perfectly, yet all my laptops, various browsers...cannot.
Maybe some setting in the browser, like security, I'd just search Google for the issue and see what comes up, I'm sure you're not the only one having that problem.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Maybe some setting in the browser, like security, I'd just search Google for the issue and see what comes up, I'm sure you're not the only one having that problem.
Yeah, I've done that searching.....couldn't find my exact issue. Meaning, Menard's specifically. I find lots of jabber about going into advanced settings on printer and change some setting. Mine does NOT have advanced settings, or anything similar with "said setting". Jabber about drivers. Well, I can print other barcodes, just not Menards...so that doesn't make sense. Anywho.......

Marplot

900 Club - QQ All-Star
you can also use snipping tool to copy it when you can see it and voila .... some vendors do that as a feature so you can't share a barcode. bit of a dick move in my book since if you see it, you can share it.